Eva 1.0 in Madrid and Barcelona

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Eva 1.0 in Madrid and Barcelona

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:53 am

see here: http://www.evageeks.org/?p=21

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:30 am

Wow, this depresses me. I can't think of why they'd be giving 1.0 this attention. Maybe it gives hope for some kind of 'grand welcoming' in the U.S.

Typhon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Typhon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:04 am

This is awsome! I really hope they do something like this over here in the U.S! Hopefully it at least gets more attention than Naruto or Bleach movies (one maybe two days tops at random and remote theatres).

:woohoo: :clap: :jiggy: :boingy: :yippee:
Sahaquiel only wanted a hug.....No Lilith...No Adam...just a hug. He was the Shinji of the angels...AND THEY STABBED HIM! THOSE BASTARDS!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Sigh....

And I had just gone through Spain a month ago. Now I'm back Stateside and too busy to travel.

OH THE IRONY!!!!

HENRCAST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HENRCAST » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:25 am

I hope it's not too much to ask it to come to Brazil...

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:36 am

I've seen it already, like 3 times, so I don't care where it goes.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:36 pm

I wouldn't feel so bad about it. Selecta Visión is known because of their various mishaps with, specially, Evangelion. I'm not much of a dub fan, and consider the Spain sounding castellano dubs quite weird, though it's just a regional thing. But many people considered Selecta's dub of the TV series as the worst dub in castellano. And now for Weva they had to add new cast cuz sum of them already died. I really wouldn't want to hear this new shit, although I read good comments about it. I also read bad comments about this new release's (because the movie in theatres is the first step to a DVD release which is in the works, with betas being sent out and shit) subs... 'tseems they're worst than those fanmade using bablefish.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Gib
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gib » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:29 pm

Selecta Visión wasn't in charge of the Evangelion's dub but Manga Video when VHS still exist.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:33 pm

Action_Bastard wrote:I've seen it already, like 3 times, so I don't care where it goes.

You got to see it 3 times in the theatres? Because it's not anything close to being the same as the DVD.

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Ornette wrote:
Action_Bastard wrote:I've seen it already, like 3 times, so I don't care where it goes.

You got to see it 3 times in the theatres? Because it's not anything close to being the same as the DVD.

No, I haven't seen it in theaters, but I guess it would be better that way.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Sounds cool, I hope something like this happen with the USA soon.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Aside from the 2 screenings at cons, there's this: http://www.evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6165

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:02 am

I read a comment that the guys in Spain didn't use the movie film, but showed the DVD they're working in, but on theaters.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:51 am

Ewww.

Showing a DVD on a film screen completely defeats the purpose of the theatrical experience.

If that's true then......EWWWWWWW

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:11 pm

It would be no surprise from the Land of "Eva First Plane", "Anti Tank Field", "Lyris", "Tablis", the Dokan special misinfo mag, etc...
My List @ AniDB

AnnieZ
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby AnnieZ » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Madrid and Barcelona KNOW what is good art. :boingy:

tian2992
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tian2992 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:38 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:I wouldn't feel so bad about it. Selecta Visión is known because of their various mishaps with, specially, Evangelion. I'm not much of a dub fan, and consider the Spain sounding castellano dubs quite weird, though it's just a regional thing. But many people considered Selecta's dub of the TV series as the worst dub in castellano. And now for Weva they had to add new cast cuz sum of them already died. I really wouldn't want to hear this new shit, although I read good comments about it. I also read bad comments about this new release's (because the movie in theatres is the first step to a DVD release which is in the works, with betas being sent out and shit) subs... 'tseems they're worst than those fanmade using bablefish.

The best Dubs ever were the Spanish Locomotion dubs, levels ahead of any dub I have ever heard (Spanish or English). Simply great, the new Animax L.A. ones suck bad. And i have nothing to say about Spanish Castellano Dubs except for a significant dislike...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”