Differences Between 1.0 and 1.01

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Differences Between 1.0 and 1.01

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:47 pm

So Anno says there's 266 tiny differences between the two. After having watched the film in perfect quality (so long cam rip, the film is now beautiful) I didn't really see any huge changes. All the mentions of Anno Lucasing up Eva 1.0 (though to be fair it so far is a Lucased up Neon Genesis Evangelion) seem false.

Let's see if we can start pinpointing some of these changes.

The only one I got was that the Elevator leading down to Central Dogma- on the floor counter no longer in the lower left hand corner does the sign say CAUTION- EMARGENCY PUSH- it's been corrected to read CAUTION- EMERGENCY PUSH. (1:14:07)

I expect a lot of the changes are gonna little grammatical fixes in the English and German wording found throughout the film.

So that's 1. 265 left to go?

kasuturo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kasuturo » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:09 pm

OK. Ehm...

In 1.0, when Shamshel first appears flying over the sea, his "ribs" were moving. In 1.01, they stay still.

264 left?
I do not have a signature.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:49 pm

kasuturo wrote:In 1.0, when Shamshel first appears flying over the sea, his "ribs" were moving. In 1.01, they stay still.
Why would they change that? O_o
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:14 am

I thought it was more menacing with the clacking ribs when you first see it. At least it's still there during the fight.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:21 am

NAveryW wrote:
kasuturo wrote:In 1.0, when Shamshel first appears flying over the sea, his "ribs" were moving. In 1.01, they stay still.
Why would they change that? O_o

In my opinion it just didn't look right. I mean, having moving ribs that are like swaying everywhere at once is kinda weird. And it looked like a pile of maggots and termites rolling around in Shamshel's filth.
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:15 am

Well, at least it seems to be just small spelling corections if the 'emargency' change is anything to go by - Evangelion has rather butchered the English language in the past.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Asuka's Plug Suit
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka's Plug Suit » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:23 am

Well...it's been about five months since I last saw 1.0, and I just watched an MKV of 1.01, but I certainly don't remember all the captions introducing every character, mecha, Eva, and Angel in the series.

Unless that's an added feature on the DVD that whoever made the MKV decided to leave on...

The MKV also cut off before the credits were finished, but somehow, I don't think the DVD is like that... :irked:
あんたバカ...?
I am (not) a geek.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:58 am

My MKV was nothing like that...pretty strange.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:13 am

Asuka's Plug Suit wrote:Well...it's been about five months since I last saw 1.0, and I just watched an MKV of 1.01, but I certainly don't remember all the captions introducing every character, mecha, Eva, and Angel in the series.

Unless that's an added feature on the DVD that whoever made the MKV decided to leave on...

It's on/off option it seems but I haven't found DVDRip without those bloody captions :(

kasuturo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kasuturo » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:22 am

Asuka's Plug Suit wrote:Well...it's been about five months since I last saw 1.0, and I just watched an MKV of 1.01, but I certainly don't remember all the captions introducing every character, mecha, Eva, and Angel in the series.

The MKV also cut off before the credits were finished, but somehow, I don't think the DVD is like that... :irked:

I just finished watching Disc 2 of EVA 1.01 SE, and Explanation of Evangelion 1.01 it's pretty much what you're talking about: the movie with some "explanative" captions in Japanese.

Maybe they took the movie from Disc 2 instead of 1.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:30 am

There's a torrent of "Explanation" and then the regular movie. The 2 DVD rips that I've seen (IZ and Zero Raws) are both of the first DVD.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:21 pm

I know of one difference that I noticed . . . drum roll . . .

1/100

that is all.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

exelm
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby exelm » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:28 pm

Well, i think there are also more protuberances in Lilith's body now? i'm not so sure.
Here & Now... Ehmm... Ahh...

kasuturo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kasuturo » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:59 pm

Maybe Misato's, Rei's, Maya's and Ritsuko's boobs and butts are bigger in 1.01 than in 1.0...

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 pm

I think I unintentionally found something! I had mentioned a while back that I thought it was possible to see Misato's nipples at one point, and one other person disagreed. It was really hard to tell from the original, so once I got TRUE DVD QUALITY I took a screenshot... Now, look what happens when you compare the two:

The scene has been slightly redone!

...I think. Looking again, now I'm not so sure. The bathwater color seems to have been changed to something less pink, if nothing else. Or does kinescoping really make that much color difference? Still, I WAS RIGHT BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE HER NIPPLES, if only barely. The shape is definitely there, even if the areolae aren't colored differently.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:40 pm

The only one I got was that the Elevator leading down to Central Dogma- on the floor counter no longer in the lower left hand corner does the sign say CAUTION- EMARGENCY PUSH- it's been corrected to read CAUTION- EMERGENCY PUSH. (1:14:07)

Wow....we noticed that mistake as soon as we saw the camrips last AUTUMN. I'm happy they're fixing the little problems.

****NAvery; please carefully rewatch the scenes were characters are in Misato's bathtub and check the color of the water: did they change it to..."sepia" colored for both Misato and Shinji's scenes?

You see we had this whole thing that "wait...are they trying to imply that ALL water is red/pink like LCL now?"...but freshwater lakes clearly aren't.

****perhaps....Anno & Co heard complaints that this was confusing and people thought it was implied to be "the same color as the new red ocean"....so they shifted the color, on purpose, so we'd stop assuming this? That is was just originally an innocent coloring gaff and they never intended for this to be implied?

Please go back over those scenes.

***Whoever has the torrents, please post screencaps of stuff you notice different in this thread: i.e. "EMERGENCY" not EMARGENCY and Shamshel's...NON moving legs?

****Well NAvery I can't really tell if they "added in" clearly defined nipples on Misato in the bathtub for 1.01: the original version we're seeing in the camrip is so fuzzy I cannot tell.

Also...is Misato's hair less...borderline purple, and simply black now?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:27 pm

The camera ruins the quality of the images by washing out the colors, so a proper color comparison would be hard to make.

V wrote:****NAvery; please carefully rewatch the scenes were characters are in Misato's bathtub and check the color of the water: did they change it to..."sepia" colored for both Misato and Shinji's scenes?

You see we had this whole thing that "wait...are they trying to imply that ALL water is red/pink like LCL now?"...but freshwater lakes clearly aren't.

You clearly missed the rainwater, and the swimming pool in Shinji's school.

****perhaps....Anno & Co heard complaints that this was confusing and people thought it was implied to be "the same color as the new red ocean"....so they shifted the color, on purpose, so we'd stop assuming this? That is was just originally an innocent coloring gaff and they never intended for this to be implied?

Please go back over those scenes.

A coloring gaffe? I doubt it. I can understand the idea of changing wrong English or other mistakes, but to change the color of the water makes no sense.

***Whoever has the torrents, please post screencaps of stuff you notice different in this thread: i.e. "EMERGENCY" not EMARGENCY and Shamshel's...NON moving legs?

That's not necessary. Pointing out every minor correction would spam the thread with images.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:45 pm

well we're pointing out the images.

Anyway, I don't mean I think there was a "mistake", I'm wondering if the creators themselves thought too many people were assuming "the bathtub water is red" so they changed it....or is it just that the camrip was bad?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:58 pm

It's the camrip. And look at the swimming pool in Shinji's school- it's blue, and not red.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:33 pm

NAveryW wrote: Still, I WAS RIGHT BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE HER NIPPLES, if only barely. The shape is definitely there, even if the areolae aren't colored differently.

If you really wanted to see her nipples, I'm sure Google could have yielded quicker and potentially more rewarding results, I don't really know. In any case, good find. I'd love to make a "no life" joke, but well, pot and kettle.
My memory and thought patterns are quite dodgy, and can best be described as "the lights are on but nobody is home."

That should explain a few things, if not many.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”