Thoughts About Evangelion Biology

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Thoughts About Evangelion Biology

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:50 am

Here are some things that are never addressed in the series:

-Since the Evangelions have human souls, why were they never developed with the ability to talk? At least with Unit 01, that would have certainly made Gendo feel less alone, and surely it would have made Yui feel less trapped.

-Can Evangelions get cancer?

-According to the anatomy page Reichu has compiled, the Evangelions have cowper glands and prostate glands. BUT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FEMALE. Whaaat? Do the GAINAX folks just not know basic anatomy?

-"Oh no! We've lost the connection to the intestinal bacteria!"
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:52 am

I lolled.

If the Evas have prostate and Cowper's glands, that would surely blow the "they are female" theory out of the water.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Re: Thoughts About Evangelion Biology

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:59 am

NAveryW wrote:Here are some things that are never addressed in the series:

-Since the Evangelions have human souls, why were they never developed with the ability to talk? At least with Unit 01, that would have certainly made Gendo feel less alone, and surely it would have made Yui feel less trapped.

I seriously doubt they'd be within vocal range, although they might be able to write...

-Can Evangelions get cancer?

Perhaps, yes. Cancer could have killed all the Evangelions seen in the graveyard.

-According to the anatomy page Reichu has compiled, the Evangelions have cowper glands and prostate glands. BUT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FEMALE. Whaaat? Do the GAINAX folks just not know basic anatomy?

Since "Farandolae" are purely fictional, perhaps, yes. But notice that there are neither Ovaries nor Testicles (nor a core) mentioned and the presence of those glands alone proves little.

-"Oh no! We've lost the connection to the intestinal bacteria!"

Good point! People turn into tang...wait, does poop turn into tang as well? And does an Evangelion anus connect to a Dirac Sea or something? Instant Dirac Sea Poop Elimination would explain a lot of things, na?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Re: Thoughts About Evangelion Biology

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:02 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:Good point! People turn into tang...wait, does poop turn into tang as well?
Well, people generally have at least some poo within them at all times. Thus, because we don't see people popping during EoE and leaving behind brown lumps within the orange puddles, we can assume safely that dooky does, indeed, tang.

EDIT: Huh. I didn't notice that. The Evangelions have Cowpers' glands, but not testes. Now it makes me wonder w--- um... Never mind.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:05 pm

So that stuff is held together by an A.T. Field too? Interesting. I'm sure that they could use that to good effect in cases of...

Oh no.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:08 pm

We must preserve the biological purity of the Evas' Precious Bodily Fluids
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:38 pm

V wrote:Evas' Precious Bodily Fluids

So how does an Eva get off with no genitalia?
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:00 pm

http://evageeks.org/FGP/Evangelion_Biological_Listing

BrikHaus wrote:If the Evas have prostate and Cowper's glands, that would surely blow the "they are female" theory out of the water.

In the absence of listed gonads, I say "fanwank something"!

Perhaps, in the FAR (who theoretically serve as the biological blueprint for Adam and hence the Evas), there are minimal differences between the male and female reproductive systems, and the females take their ejaculations very seriously.

Since the Evangelions have human souls, why were they never developed with the ability to talk?

Because talking Evas would have sounded ridiculous... I guess. They SHOULD be able to speak, though, within reason.

Do the GAINAX folks just not know basic anatomy?

I never took the bio-listing completely serious, since it screeches "dodgy production values" on an "above average for NGE" scale.

Can Evangelions get cancer?

Nah, disease is for mortals.

BrikHaus wrote:So how does an Eva get off with no genitalia?

See EoE.

Also, the listing just kind of cuts off; there is theoretically more to it.
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:01 pm

BrikHaus wrote:So how does an Eva get off with no genitalia?
The Evangelion's prostate gland is, in fact, in very close proximity to the Entry Plug.

Actually, the best explanation I can come up with for this bizarre anatomy is that the Evangelions are androgynous, have no sexual organs, and are "female" mainly in the sense that the souls inside them are female.

OMG JUST LIKE KAOWRWRU!

Though I do wonder: wouldn't the pilot's genitalia feel numb during sync tests?

EDIT: Even if we disregard the anatomy list that is actually shown, that last point is something to consider. Even assuming the Evangelions do have genitals, they would probably be female. Assuming the syncing is like in the Ghost in the Shell manga, that would be incredibly painful for Shinji. And if, in fact, there are no genitals whatsoever, wouldn't the pilots constantly suffer from numb groins?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:08 pm

NAveryW wrote:Actually, the best explanation I can come up with for this bizarre anatomy is that the Evangelions are androgynous, have no sexual organs, and are "female" mainly in the sense that the souls inside them are female.

Many do feel this way, although I'm all about Adam and the eggs, ergo Evas would have the same equipment, etc. etc. ginormous sex/gender thread. Also, Lilith sets a precedent for these big God-humanoids to have vag00.

Though I do wonder: wouldn't the pilot's genitalia feel numb during sync tests?

Do they wonder where their (cartilaginous) ears and noses went?
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Reichu wrote:Do they wonder where their (cartilaginous) ears and noses went?
Interesting point. The easiest explanation would be that they have Dummy Cartilage somewhere... or are able to just leave parts that don't exist on the Evangelion to be felt by the pilots regularly as they would outside the Evas... That last one sounds about right.

yokuchi
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby yokuchi » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:39 pm

NAveryW wrote:EDIT: Even if we disregard the anatomy list that is actually shown, that last point is something to consider. Even assuming the Evangelions do have genitals, they would probably be female. Assuming the syncing is like in the Ghost in the Shell manga, that would be incredibly painful for Shinji. And if, in fact, there are no genitals whatsoever, wouldn't the pilots constantly suffer from numb groins?

It's to keep Shinji's right hand on the trigger instead of down his pants, I'm sure of it...

And, yay for Ghost in the Shell! :D
insert witty and offensive political banter here

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Who said that they don't actually have the male repdocutive organs?
I feel old

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:45 pm

The Imperialist wrote:Who said that they don't actually have the male repdocutive organs?

No one, per se, but hopefully the idea makes less and less sense the more any given person thinks about it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:49 pm

If it has the glands. Wait, Evas could be haemaphrodites. It is possible.
I feel old

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:52 pm

The Imperialist wrote:If it has the glands. Wait, Evas could be haemaphrodites. It is possible.

fem-Kaworu anyone?
Awesomely Shitty

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:55 pm

But the so-called Fem Kaworu is not really in a biological sence a haemaphrodite, as I don't think it is something that could really not be considered 'biological' in the first place.
I feel old

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:01 pm

The Imperialist wrote:But the so-called Fem Kaworu is not really in a biological sence a haemaphrodite, as I don't think it is something that could really not be considered 'biological' in the first place.

Fem-Kaworu -- at least, the Reichu Version -- is a female, hence the fem-. In previous posts you can find me explicate on her nature in lush detail.

Is "Gender/Sex of Non-Lilim Persons" rising its ugly mug once more?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:05 pm

Probably. But evas must be haemaphrodites then. Fully.
I feel old

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:11 pm

I doubt the Evangelions have any extensive reproductive system. That includes genitals. Then again, considering Unit 01 came from Lilith, who clearly menstruates, she might have ovaries.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”