So does Shinji like Asuka?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Lord Tyreal
Embryo

So does Shinji like Asuka?

•      
  •      

Postby Lord Tyreal » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:08 pm

So does Shinji like Asuka? or is it vice versa
"Begun the clone wars have"-yoda

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:43 pm

Yes he does

houtaru
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:48 pm

I think so, but its debatable wether he just 'lusted' after her or liked her beacuse she had a similar past to his (he probably didn't know her past, but felt like she had similar pain). He also admired her drive and wished he could be as strong as her.

I think she liked him too (saved her life twice) for similar reasons. (Well, not the 'lusting' one. lol) She admired that he was so naturally good at anything he tried (cooking, eva, viola).

But then again, because they've been hurt by life and everyone they've ever loved, they may hate the fact that they like each other(Did that make sense?). They just dont want to get hurt so bad again.

It just seems to me that in Eva everyone longs for somone but doesn't reveal it until the last mintue (if at all).

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:18 am

As hard as it is to admit for me (I'm a Shinji/Rei fan myself) I believe Shinji liked Asuka. For anyone who watched EOE, I think it would be kinda obvious.

:shock: despite the graphic nature of their so called "relationship" in EOE.

Now whether Asuka liked Shinji back...that, my friend, is the question.
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:04 pm

Of course he likes her. But the question is did he really love her? I think he did. And Shinji plays cello not viola.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:47 pm

coff wrote:Of course he likes her. But the question is did he really love her? I think he did. And Shinji plays cello not viola.

I agree.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:55 pm

I think they loved each other, but being as young as they were and the hell they were going thru, they didn't know how to really express it.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:38 pm

I'm kind of positive that Asuka liked Shinji. I wasnt too sure about him for a while, since he seemed to blush around any female that looked at/spoke to him.

However, it started to become a little more apparent that he had some kind of feelings, directed towards Asuka in particular, near the end and in End of Eva...
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:41 pm

i think he liked her...the series however, didnt provide much time to show him love her... she may have liked him back: talking to him and telling him about her family but she was always restricted by her mental barriers...

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:58 pm

Shinji most likely liked her if not loved her
weather Asuka liked him back is another story altogether
She may have but she also probably thought that love was for weak people or the fact that he seemed to be a spineless little wimp which he isn't (it would take guts to face off against the angel's or just to get in an eva they not much different than the Angel's themselves)
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:59 pm

imo, Shinji doesn't like anyone. But obviously, Asuka does like Shinji.
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:16 pm

if Shinji doesn't like Asuka then why did he go to the hospital and mastubate over her comatose body
answer me that
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:28 pm

That has already been answered before :roll:
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:44 pm

ChronoX wrote:if Shinji doesn't like Asuka then why did he go to the hospital and mastubate over her comatose body
answer me that

Just because he jerked off to her doesn't mean he likes her.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:04 pm

Then why would he bother to go to one of the places he hates the most just to jerk off then

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:59 pm

Because Rei was dead, Kaji was dead, Misato was no where to be found for Shinji and his dad, Gendou would never help Shinji. So Shinji went to the only person that was avalible. Then he accidently ripped Asuka's shirt open, and his lust overcame all. (no pun intended)

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:07 pm

ChronoX wrote:if Shinji doesn't like Asuka then why did he go to the hospital and mastubate over her comatose body
answer me that

So what you're trying to say is:
If a guy were to come up to me and masturbate over my sleeping body, that would mean he liked me?
Wow. Talk about romantic. :roll:

ChronoX wrote:Then why would he bother to go to one of the places he hates the most just to jerk off then

I dont think he woke up that morning and thought; "Hmm, Saturday. I think I'll go yank my crank in Asuka's hospital room today... "

Shinji didnt know what he was doing anymore. He did that because he was looking for some kind of release from all the stress and B.S that was going down around him.
After the act was committed, he CLEARLY realized the stupid perversity of his actions. Hence his comment "I'm so fucked up." Or "I'm so low."

He only went to the hospital because he was too scared to talk to Ayanami, and because Misato was all suddenly gung-ho about finding Nerv's secrets. He was alone and wanted help. Asuka was his fallback, but she just so happend to be in a coma.

It was never REALLY clear thru-out the series who he had 'feelings' for. He would get nervous around anything female.
The affection was more obvious coming from Asuka's side.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:47 am

Oh....opps.....Rei wasn't dead. My bad.

kosure
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kosure » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:11 am

ChronoX wrote:Then why would he bother to go to one of the places he hates the most just to jerk off then

I think the simplest awnser is that he saw the boobs, and was so stressed out, he reverted to (horny teenage boy) Animal instincts.

But he still liked Asuka, I mean come on.
i think cosplay is a lot like communism, it seems like a good idea, but it never turns out the way you want.
Star Wars: The Ultimate Guide

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:06 pm

i need to watch the series
it has been too long since i have seen an episode
if only i could get my pakage soon

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”