[Fic] Sonic the Hedgehog: GENESIS (An NGE/StH Crossover)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

[Fic] Sonic the Hedgehog: GENESIS (An NGE/StH Crossover)

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:35 pm

Not to be confused with the name of the subpar StH port on the GBA, I now present my big Eva-related work. I didn't think much on writing this at first, it was just going to be a spot of fun. But then I decided on posting it on FFN, and the reaction was mostly positive, and I had known I was doing something right.

Is this the crossover to end all crossovers? Probably not. But it will do. I've written five chapters out of the 15 (including pro- and epi- -logues) I've planned out for this story, so I'll be posting one about every other day, the other chapters coming whenever I write them (to note, I started writing this in 2005, so...).

Like all stories, we begin with a prologue... To note, there aren't much Eva-related things in the prologue, as I focus on the two Sonic characters the story revolves around and how they get to one world to the next. The Eva stuff shows up when the real story begins.

Lights, camera, action!

Sonic the Hedgehog: Genesis
Prologue: Edict

A pair of white-gloved hands twisted and capped the last pair of wires in the metal cube, before attaching the cover panel. A hand left for a moment to retrieve an electric screwdriver and a couple screws. With a few quick movements and four loud whirs, the panel was attached firmly, the odd grinning, mustachioed insignia on the front seemed to be happy with its new home.

The figure the hands belonged to lifted their goggles back on their forehead before reattaching their thick, little glasses onto their beady little crimson eyes. Their… well, his long, brown handlebar mustache bobbed proudly as he grinned, looking at his new invention.

"Hohoho!" he chuckled "It is complete! The Egg Dimension Invader is finally complete! If I can't establish my empire on this world, I'll just have to establish it on another one, without any meddling hedge--"

And that's when the alarm went off.

"Arrgh, of all the bad timing. All security screens, on!"

A whole bunch of windows popped open on several computer screens, showing different areas of his base of operations. In some of them, most of everything was trashed. His eyes continued to roam from one window to the next, he had memorized where each camera was located, and suddenly he saw what he was looking for, as a small figure flew through the corridor it was watching, trashing several security drones, before stopping right before the camera. The figure was an odd one, an anthropomorphic blue hedgehog wearing white gloves and socks and red and white fancy sneakers. He put his hands on his hips for a moment before sticking out his tongue, and then giving a cocky grin before smashing the camera.

"Arrgh, Sonic's here already. Luckily, I had prepared in advance just in case he arrived,” he said with a grin, pressing a button on the control panel of the screens "Have fun with the Egg Splicer, hedgehog."

With that, he shut off the security monitors and turned back to the Egg Dimension Invader.

"Unfortunately, I know it'll probably only hold him for a few minutes, and then he'll be here in just a few more. Egg Dimension Invader! I command you to take me to a universe where I can get the materials to make the ultimate weapon for all of my needs!"

With that, it switched on.

"2,838,383 results found."

"Aaargh! Okay, a universe where I can make a living weapon for all of my needs within those results."

"3,228 results found."

"Stupid piece of junk... Okay, where creatures like Sonic doesn't exist or exists, but are labelled threats by the people there, within those results!"

"37 results found."

There was suddenly a rapid beeping from the security panels again.

"He already destroyed the Egg Splicer?! Damn it! Open a portal to one of those dimensions at random! I don't care which, as long as it suits my needs!"

"That could be dangerous, Dr. Eggman."

"I don't care! Open the portal, now!" Dr. Eggman yelled, adding a kick to the machine for emphasis.

"Done," the machine said, as a portal suddenly opened, large enough for Eggman and his hovercraft to fit through. He quickly jumped in said hovercraft and activated it "All necessary information about this universe that has to deal with your goal has been uploaded to your hovercraft's computers. Good luck, Doctor."

"Grr, I don't have enough time to start your shut off sequence... when Sonic enters the portal, make sure he's sent somewhere far enough away from me where I can formulate a plan before he reaches me. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Doctor."

With that, his hovercraft vanished into the portal, just as Sonic burst through the door to the room.

"Eggman!" he cried out, but too late, "What is this thing, a teleporter?"

"I am the Egg Dimension Invader. I create gates to other universes and worlds."

"What?! That Eggman, what is he up to now? Send me to where he went."

"Nothing has changed. You will enter the same place he will. Unfortunately, it'll be some time after he entered, and you might end up in a different place in this same world. It is what he commanded."

Sonic smirked.
"No matter where or when I get there, as long as I get Eggman, it won't matter."

"I will be waiting for your returns… if either of you make it back, anyway."

Sonic didn't say another word, and leapt into the portal.

The EDI closed the portal and went into secure mode. Only by Eggman's command would the portal open again and transport him, and maybe Sonic back with him. On the machine's status screen, read:
"Destination: Evangelion Universe"

To Be Continued

And there you have it, the prologue. Things start picking up as I go onward, so don't let the prologue fool you. :P
Last edited by Omegagouki on Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:40 pm

Now look what you made me do :lol:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:52 pm

God damn Tines, that is so much win.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:29 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Image

Now look what you made me do :lol:

:lol: I love that picture. I labelled it as "win" on Go Hikari!. ;) :mrgreen:
8luh 8luh

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:24 pm

IS DAT SUM O THEM HEDGEHOG'S DIMLEMA!!!

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:04 pm

I know I said every other day, but, eh. Got the prologue out of the way, so I might as well post the first chapter today as well.

Chapter One: New World

Sonic exited the portal, only to fall and land with a loud thud on what felt like a giant block of ice.

“Ouch!” he cried “Portals… always random… always seem to throw you out in an awkward way…”

He stood up and began rubbing his aching back, before glancing at his surroundings. He was standing on a pillar of ice in the middle of some giant red-orange body of water, where hundreds more of these frozen spires stood.

“THIS is the place Eggman picked?!” he grumbled “Not worth the effort if you ask me… Looks like this world isn’t populated…”

He stood there for a few minutes, looking out at this eerie sight. Wondering just why Eggman chose this backwater place to pull off his next scheme… But then he remembered what the EDI said… It wouldn’t put him on the same place in the world as Eggman, maybe not even the same time. Had Eggman screwed this world up already, so fast? No, he thought. This was too large scale to be his doing, and it also seemed too natural.

“Some sort of disaster must’ve hit this place… it used to be an arctic region, telling by the environment, but the temperature…. Seems off. I don’t feel weird or anything so it couldn’t have been a nuclear war or something… But still there’s no one… hmm?”

Sonic noticed something off in the distance… what looked like a ship was going past, a military ship by the looks of it. So there were people around after all. He took a stance for a running start and blew forward, and began to run across the water and up onto a closer pillar. There was something sickening about the water, though… a strange smell. Once again he took off, getting even closer. Finally, after several sprints, he was close enough to take a leap onto the ship’s deck. But he didn’t know how the people of this world would react to him, so he’d have to get on without being noticed. So he waited until the ship passed, the back deck in front of him.

And so he leapt., and made a somewhat awkward landing, rolling across the deck and crashed into a wall.

“Owww… need to work on my landings…”

He quickly got up, and then he heard voices speaking in Japanese. He quickly hid in a group of barrels and waited as a few men came out and began to look around.

“I could swear I heard something.” one said.

“We probably just hit an iceberg or something.” said another.

“I could swear it sounded like something landing on the deck…”

“Well, I don’t see anything.”

“Let’s just get back to work. The ship’s on course to Tokyo 3...” said a third, this one had an English accent to his speaking “There’s nothing here worth looking for.”

“I hope you’re right,” the first guy said “Because if it was one of… THEM… and we brought it there, we’d be in big trouble.”

“You worry too much.”

And with that the group of men left.

“One of what?” Sonic thought to himself as the ship continued its course.

For several days, Sonic hid around the ship, occasionally sneaking into the kitchen to grab some food and then back out to his hiding place. He soon grew tired of it, and was pretty sure the people on the boat were figuring out something was up. So, one night he grabbed as much food as he could and accessed the cargo hold through the air conditioning vents.

Enormous boxes littered the place, they seemed to hold very gigantic and heavy objects. Marked on the boxes were either the word “supplies” or “weapons”, sometimes both. He managed to find a few smaller boxes, though, containing freeze-dried food. At least he wouldn’t starve. There didn’t seem to be any competition, no rats or anything skittering about.

He didn’t know how long he was in the hold, but eventually the ship had stopped. Suddenly, the hold was opened, and a crane began to lift out one of the huge boxes. Sonic quickly scrambled on top of it before it was out of reach. Up it went until he could see the outside world. It was much different than the place he had come to, it was quite warm and he could see a city off in the distance. He also saw many more ships docked about the area, he was probably in a harbor.

Now things actually looked normal for once. Sonic surveyed the area from his perch on the box, and noticed one of the ships, it looked different. The design, the build, and the symbol on its flag… No doubt about it, it had to be Eggman’s.

But he was suddenly distracted by yelling from below. He looked down and noticed there was a gathering of men in military garb, and another person was pointing in his direction…

“Uh oh…” Sonic said to himself before leaping off the box, bounding between ships and cranes and the like and eventually to the ground, just narrowly avoiding multiple bursts of gunfire.

He turned to face the men, and they looked at him.

“Er, hi?”

“Wha-what is that thing?!” the non-soldier gasped “Wait, did it just--”

“It’s got to be an Angel!” yelled one of the soldiers “No creature exists like it… It must be eliminated!”

“I’m Sonic. And I’m no thing, nor am I an…”

“Silence, Angel!” yelled an officer as he opened fire at near point blank range, only to find Sonic doing a handstand on the barrel of his gun a split second later, the shot missing completely. Another officer fired after him, but he flipped off of the gun and stood on the head of another soldier.

“Be careful, you idiot!” that first officer yelled “You almost hit me…”

“Duck!” yelled another, and the soldier standing on Sonic ducked as another shot was fired, but once again it didn’t even touch Sonic as he leapt into the air, curled into a ball and knocked most of the group about like a bunch of bowling pins.

“It’s showing aggression! Kill it before it kills us!” another yelled, one who had been knocked down. But Sonic was already out of range as he took off in the opposite direction “Damn it, it just ran away!”

“Should we pursue it, sir?”

“Negative… it wins this round… Patch a call to NERV… tell them to watch out for… whatever that was.”

“Yes, sir.”

In the meantime, Sonic was running off as fast as he could, until he was no longer in sight of the harbor.

“Not very friendly… What have I gotten myself into now? Eggman, I will find you… I know you’re around here somewhere… wherever ‘here’ is. That city is the most likely place he could be… I just hope the people are friendlier.”

And on Sonic went.

To Be Continued

Fufufufu.
Last edited by Omegagouki on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8luh 8luh

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:22 pm

One every other day update, right on schedule! Another setup chapter here... And it has NERV in it!

Chapter Two: Eggs-actly As Planned

Eggman’s ship quickly appeared in a rather desolate location, it looked almost like an enormous explosion had scorched the area only some time ago, no, not scorched, but totally annihilated it…

“It worked… the EDI worked!” he laughed “But… where did it send me? It appears something of an enormous scale happened here. Time for some analysis.”

So, he began typing some things into the ship’s computer.

“Hmm, from what this says there’s no evidence it was a meteorite impact, says here there’s traces of some sort of explosive substance in the soil. A massive bomb…? Maybe I’m on a testing range or something similar… The EDI’s information will tell me more.”

More typing. When Dr. Eggman looked at what the screen said, he laughed.

“Possibility of two causes…. An Angel… An Angel? That’s pretty weird….”

Eggman suddenly imagined a man wearing long, white robes with a pair of golden wings standing in the middle of the area and causing it to explode.

“Ho ho hoo! Now that’s a hilarious image! Hmm, other reason says here that the people on this world developed a bomb with the power of a nuclear one but without the disastrous radiation that would have resulted… A Non Nuclear Bomb, it says… N² ! Hah! Yet, it still mentions angels…”

And so, he typed in the word Angel to his next query. When he saw the entry on “Angel”, his jaw dropped. These “Angels” were some kind of giant monster, as he sifted through the images, not a single one looked alike. According to this, he had come to this world when a massive number of these things were attacking. His imagination changed to a more sinister thought… An army of these creatures at his command! He would be able to conquer existence itself with them under his control… But according to the information, they wouldn’t be able to be controlled anyway.

“Bah… So close… But if such creatures exist… the military must have some sort of strategy to combat them without causing massive destruction like this… Let’s see here, what else is listed here… Angel, N² Bomb, NERV, SEELE, Human Instrumentality Project… NERV and SEELE sound like corporations; Human Instrumentality Project, sounds like an experiment of some kind… Evangelion. Let’s see what’s under that… Hmm… Oh ho ho! They look like giant battle machines… Says here their known purpose is to fight the Angels….”

He continued to read the information, noting that these things were connected to NERV, and other varying tidbits. His interested expression turned into an evil grin as a plan formed in his head

“Oh ho… Oh ho ho… I think I’ve just found what I’m after. Let’s see, according to this I have arrived around the time when these things appearing is somewhat frequent. So, using the information, I can predict their arrivals, which will surely gain the trust of this… NERV. Not only that, but, when Sonic arrives… Hoho… I’ll make them believe he’s an Angel. Not only have I found a usable weapon, but I’ll be able to destroy that hedgehog once and for all! This is going eggs-actly as I wanted it to so far.”

And he began to laugh aloud, it rang throughout the whole place, good thing there was no one around to hear it. His laughter soon subsided.

“Now then. Time to make an appointment with NERV!”

After a bit of searching, he found what he was looking for, an outpost near the city. It seemed to slope downward into the ground, it was heavily armored and heavily guarded. He decided to leave his hovercraft behind as to not make a commotion, and casually walked up to the front guards.

“Who are you?” asked one.

“This is a restricted area,” warned the second “NERV personnel only!”

“I’m Dr. Eggman, the greatest scientific genius in the world!” he announced, but then he changed his tone “And I need to talk with your superiors.”

“You have an appointment? Eggman, Eggman… No, not on the list! Please leave.”

“I have urgent information regarding the… Angels, yes! I don’t have time for the paperwork or to make appointments!”

“How urgent and important is your business, sir?” asked the first guard.

“Yes, any idiot who has seen the news knows about the Angels,” added the second “If it’s that kind of information, be on your way before we take action, sir.”

“I know when the next one is going to attack. The attack is going to occur tomorrow. And the attack will occur from outer space. The Angel will be named Sah--”

“Enough!” yelled the first “The thing is… and I’m going to try and remain civil, SIR, do you have any proof of this? You could be making this up just to get attention. No offense, but you look rather eccentric and a little insane.”

“Looks aren’t everything, young man. Look, can I just PLEASE see your superiors? I promise if they want nothing to do with me, you can throw me out and I will never come back.”

“What do you think?” whispered the second to the first.

“I guess we could let him in… if the Commander wants him out, then we won’t have to deal with him again.” said the first “He really freaks me out. Then again, the Commander‘s just as creepy, you know.”

Eggman was just about to turn, however.

“Wait. You can see our superiors. Just no funny business, Doctor.”

“Ho ho.” Eggman chuckled “Then, let’s go.”

“You will have to be blindfolded, though.”

“Whatever. Just take me to them.”

“Let’s go,” said the first guard, blindfolding Eggman and leading the way. After what seemed like forever, through elevators, subways, corridors, and flights of stairs, everything stopped, and his blindfold was removed. He was at a pair of large doors. “Wait here a moment.”

The guard vanished through the door, and the good Doctor waited... While attempting to listen in, of course.

“Commander Ikari… There is some strange man that wants to meet with you. We tried turning him away, but he insisted.”

“And?” came a low, domineering voice.

“He says he has information about the next Angel attack. He says he’s a doctor… of what, we don’t know, but…”

“Hmm.” came another voice “Ikari, what do you think?”

“Send him in, I guess. You’re dismissed.”

Eggman quickly took his ear off the door and stood there casually as the guard left.

“Go on in.” he said before leaving.

Eggman nodded and opened the door and entered… an enormous room. Not just enormous, but really… desolate. Surrounded by windows, it was somewhat dark. In the middle of this room was a desk, surrounded by arcane images and symbols. He walked to the desk, where two men were, one seated, with short, black-brown hair, and a pair of rose-tinted glasses that hid his eyes from view. He also had his hands in front of his face, they were covered with white gloves. The other stood, a tall, thin man with gray hair. Gendo Ikari and Kozo Fuyutsuki, these two…

“Greetings, Commanders,” Eggman began “I am Dr. Eggman.”

“Come again?” Gendo asked skeptically, raising an eyebrow.

“Dr. Eggman, Ikari.” Kozo responded.

“Ah. I thought I misheard. ‘Eggman’. Interesting name, Doctor.”

“Thank you, Commander… Ikari,” Eggman replied, while adjusting his glasses with one hand “And I must say, you have incredible fashion sense.”

Kozo glanced at the two men several times for a moment. Both wore spectacles that you couldn’t see their real eyes through. Both seemed to have a perchant for wearing white gloves. And Eggman’s red jacket looked a little like the customary uniforms‘… There was something about these two men, one he had known for a long time, and this one that had just come along, to see them no less. Something about them made them look sinister, especially in this room. It was uncanny.

Gendo’s expression did not change.

“I’m not one for cheap flattery, Doctor.”

“Nothing cheap about it. It’s true.”

“Hmm, well, you’re lucky you’re even here. So, tell me, Dr. Eggman. What is this information you have that’s so important to come barging in without an appointment?”

Eggman quickly recanted what he told the guard, this time finishing from where he was interrupted.

When he was finished, the two men looked at each other for a moment then back at him.

“Fascinating you know so much, Doctor.” Gendo finally said, actually breaking a smile, or at least what looked like one “You even know information that is not privy to the public. Only we know that the next Angel is Sahaquiel.”

“I’m a man of many studies.” Eggman responded “And as to how I know such things, that’s a secret.”

“Nonetheless, Doctor, we do not really need this information you have. Then again, you say you know how and where the Angels will attack? That is fascinating. But, we already have a master of the sciences working for us full-time. You are simply unneeded, even with such interesting strategic information.”

“I see. But what if your master scientist gets sick or decides to take a vacation or something? Surely you’d need a replacement, even for a temporary absence. I know much on mechanical and genetic sciences, like my father before me and his father before him. I could stay around for a trial basis, at least. If you don’t think I’m useful after a while, you may toss me out.”

“Maybe we should at least give him a chance, Ikari.” Kozo finally added “He seems very experienced and willing.”

“That is true, but…” Gendo began “There are many secrets that we have chosen to keep the public and even our staff in the dark about… can we trust you not to leak any information you gain from being here?”

“You can, Commander Ikari,” Eggman lied “Anything you do not want me to know, just simply keep me away from it.”

“….Alright then. You can work with us on a trial basis, Doctor. But if you try anything we don’t like, you will be terminated.”

“I understand. And thank you for doing the same of me.”

“Here. This is a map of the complex. Don’t get lost or try snooping around. Go here…” he said, circling something with a pen, and then handed Eggman the map “The guards will be watching you. When you get there, ask for Dr. Akagi. When you meet the blonde in the lab coat, that is her.”

“Understood. Thank you again.”

“No problem.”

And with that, Eggman left.

“Do you really trust him, Ikari?”

“Not for a second. There’s just…”

“…something about him?”

“Exactly. We will have to keep a close eye on him for sure.”

In the meantime, Eggman continued to follow the map of the facility, it felt so good to have that blindfold off this time. Of course, he was being watched, and he decided now was not the time to be looking around. First thing was first: Get involved with these people, and blend in. And what better way than by being a scientist?

After a while, Eggman made it to the spot he was supposed to be. Hmm, there was no one here.

“Hello?” he called out. No response. “Well, this is just great. Where is she…?”

He looked around a bit, making sure not to touch anything that seemed important. Now was not the time…. Then again, there was no one around, so maybe… he glanced around once more before reaching out to touch something that seemed of interest.

“Ahem,” came a voice “What are you doing?”

Eggman leapt three feet in the air and turned around. Behind him was a fair, blonde woman with green eyes. She wore a blue shirt, a black skirt, and purple leggings. Her look was topped off by red earrings and of course, a large white lab coat.

“I… was just getting a closer look at this. Er, I, uh, you must be Dr. Akagi.”

“Yes, I am.” she said, as her look changed to a questioning one. “But who are you, and why are you here?”

“I’m Dr. Eggman. Uh, Commander Ikari sent me. Telling by your reaction, he, uh, didn’t tell you I was coming.”

“Dr… Eggman? That’s one I’ve never heard before. And no, I didn’t get any word from Commander Ikari about you. And I only came here to check up on a few things. So, I’ll ask again, why are you here?”

“The Commander wants me to be your assistant.”

She didn’t seem too pleased with this.

“Assistant? What makes you or Ikari think I need an assistant?”

“Because you were here first, I’d think. The Commander doesn’t exactly trust me, you see. I came barging in to talk to him. I suppose he wants me to be under your supervision. Besides, what if you’re out on something? Surely my presence would lighten your workload.”

“I see,” she replied with displeasure still “What are your qualifications, exactly?”

“Robotics, biotechnology, physics, and chemistry.”

“Impressive. Okay, then. I’ll have to clear some things with the Commander for bringing this on such short notice, but I suppose you can help me. If you think you’re up to it.”

“Certainly, Dr. Akagi.”

“I just hope I’m not going to regret this, Dr. Eggman. When I get back, I’ll get you started. Just don’t touch anything. I will know if you do.”

“Wouldn’t think of it.”

With that, she left. A close call, that. But now he was definitely in. His plans were going just as he wanted them to. He grinned. It would only be a matter of time before all of NERV would be wrapped around his finger.
To Be Continued

And Eggman's setup chapter is here. The stage is ready. Let the fun begin... Next time!
Last edited by Omegagouki on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8luh 8luh

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:29 pm

ELLE OH ELLE.

This concept takes me back...

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:52 am

its better than i though it was gonna be...keep it up...
(im expecting blue hair jokes...)

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:25 pm

Ha, thanks. I hope I can keep it up, too, as I'm nearing the end of my finished chapter backlog for the story.

Onto the next chapter:

Chapter Three: Blue Hedgehog's Dilemma

--NERV Headquarters--

Today, the entirety of NERV was bustling with activity. According to the new staff member named Dr. Eggman, today would be the day of the next Angel attack. Eggman’s predictions for the last two had been surprisingly accurate, including the creatures’ attack methods and physical descriptions. According to Eggman, the next Angel would start from the air and then attack from the ground in some strange manner. That’s all he informed them of, though. The Evangelions and the Children were on standby for whatever was to come.

Eggman had become quite the prominent figure in the past month he had been there. His accurate predictions had gained the praise of a large number of the staff, but at the same time raised a large feeling of skepticism in more. How the hell did this guy know all this stuff? And how had he managed to gain so much standing within only a month’s time? It was just too strange and convenient, especially for such an eccentric figure. It was a mystery how his skinny legs didn’t break from supporting that egg-shaped body. Hell, he was weirder than the Commander himself!

Commander Ikari, however, was not present on that day. He was doing something else, somewhere else. At least Eggman wasn’t left in charge. Despite his good standing, he was still just another scientist.

However, in the time he spent with Ritsuko, he had seemingly gained her trust within that month, despite her standoffish reactions in the beginning. So in reality, he was her secondary, with privileges given to him from the higher ups. However, he didn’t seem to make any use of said privileges… at least when others were looking.

Eggman was busy chuckling to himself as he concocted his schemes in his head. He was doing better than he thought he would in such a short time… And best of all, Sonic had not arrived yet. He hoped he would luck out and get everything he needed done before Sonic appeared. Soon, the twelfth Angel would arrive… As he thought about this, he got a call to come to the Command Center.

“Hmm?” he grumbled “It’s still a little early. The Angel doesn’t arrive for a little while longer.”

He hopped up anyway and made his way to the Command Center. It was somewhat of a long walk and elevator ride to the place, but Eggman made it in record time. It appeared everyone was there who was there usually… Major Misato Katsuragi, Dr. Akagi, and the main bridge crew, Aoba, Hyuga, and Maya. Meanwhile, on the tower up above, Kozo Fuyutsuki sat, watching over everything. Ikari was absent again, Eggman noted. Probably something pertaining to that living doll girl.

“Ah, Doctor, there you are,” Misato said with a false kindness. She didn’t like Eggman one bit. There was something so… icky about him. It was a wonder how Ritsuko could put up with the jackass, she thought. However, today, she had just received word that Eggman’s prediction was not coming true this time around “There have been reports that the next Angel has arrived, and arrived early.”

“I see,” Eggman sighed “Well, I can’t be one hundred percent accurate all the time, Major.”

Ritsuko turned to Eggman and gave Misato a small look.

“Actually according to the reports, you were a hundred percent wrong this time, Eggman,” she said stoically “Two out of three aren’t bad, I suppose…”

“It’s enough to put his position in jeopardy, though, Doctor,” Misato replied, throwing a smug look Eggman’s way “You do know that, right?”

Eggman began to sweat a little. What she was saying was true. Gendo and/or Kozo could fire him right that moment. And then his plan would be for naught, and he’d have to go home disappointed and defeated yet again.

“Any idea what the next Angel is like, then?” he asked.

“According to the report, Doctor,” Misato began “The new Angel is actually small, about the size of a human. It was found in the cargo hold of a supply ship. The military tried taking it out, but it took them down and escaped. According to them, it is headed straight for Tokyo 3. An eyewitness described the creature to a forensic artist. The image should be coming in any minute.”

Eggman blinked. Strange.

“The image has arrived safely!” Hyuga announced as the printer started up and produced an image. Ritsuko quickly took it and looked at it.

“A-amazing…” she whispered “It has the properties of both animal and human. It’s about the size of a ten year old human. It’s got no visible core, and its back is covered in razor sharp spines that stick from its head down to its short tail.”

Eggman shuddered.

“May I see it?”

“Yes. Here it is, Doctor.”

He took the page from Ritsuko’s hand and looked at the sketch, and did a double take. On the paper was just what had been described. A freakish creature with tendril-like spines sticking out of its strange, wolflike head. Its eyes were situated almost to the front of its forehead, and according to the paper, were a vibrant green. The creature stood on two legs, with strange marks and a single toe on each. Its humanoid arms ended in white hands, and the hands almost seemed to touch the ground like a gorilla’s. It was a strange, perverse.. Thing. It looked quite familiar to him, though, even with how the artist had made it. There was no doubt in his mind, and his voice went into a shocked whisper.

“It‘s… it‘s him. The hedgehog… of all the bad timing.”

“What, Doctor?”

Crap! He had to cover his tracks with some excuse. A quick one.

“Oh, er, nothing! I was wrong. That Angel I described is the one AFTER this one! Y-yeah! This is Leleil, the Twelfth Angel. I can’t believe I mixed the two up. How silly of me.”

He looked around. They seemed to have bought it.

“So much for using the Evangelions it would seem,” Misato sighed “With that thing’s size and according to those reports… its speed, it would run circles around the Evas. Lovely.”

“They’re getting smarter.” Ritsuko sighed “This is going to be a problem.”

“Luckily, the military is launching an all-out aerial and ground assault on the thing., and our missile units are waiting for it. I don’t think it’ll stand a chance, especially at its size. Even if it used its AT Field.”

“You underestimate the thing, Major.” Eggman said “This creature is quite resilient. Like the other Angels, military force isn’t going to do much. With its size and speed, it will overwhelm whatever the military throws at it. Only chance is to use…. The collaborations.”

“But…” Ritsuko protested “We haven’t even tested the things yet! I still don’t know how they completely work, even though I helped you make them! You said they’re only prototypes.”

“Dr. Akagi, we will have no choice but to use them now. That thing must not get into the Geofront! And with its size, that will be quite easy if it finds its way into the ducts… besides, they run on the Iruel II AI program. Not only will they be relentless, but they have AT Fields to counteract the Angel’s, as well.”

“Let’s not jump into anything yet!!” Misato barked, taking control of the situation. “Let’s see how the military and our missile silos do first. Eggman was already wrong on what the Angel would look like and when it would arrive. He might be wrong about this, too.”

Eggman humphed.

“Really, Major Katsuragi? I’ve noticed you don’t like me very much. I think you just want me gone, heh heh. You’re just jealous I’ve done so much for you in so little time. You should be praising me for making your job so much easier!”

Misato’s face went sour right then and there.

“Really? How is it that you know so damn much? You seem to know EVERYTHING! I don’t tolerate some… some goddamn newbie outclassing me. You think you’re so smart, Eggman. Well, I think you’re a big fake!”

“ENOUGH!” Kozo shouted through the intercom “Both of you, stop this pettiness and do what you’re supposed to, or you will BOTH be relieved of your duties once I talk to Ikari. Is that clear, Doctor and Major?”

Both sighed, defeated.

“Yes, sir.”

After that, they were eerily quiet, glaring at each other.

“Angel has been sighted, and is being put onscreen!” Aoba called.

And so, onscreen he came. Sonic the Hedgehog, or as NERV was believing… Leleil. The Twelfth Angel. The whole crew almost did a double take, except Eggman. The creature looked sort of like the sketch provided, but for the most part it was quite inaccurate. The creature ran something like a man and a cheetah, and surprisingly it was going faster than either. It looked a lot sleeker and cartoonier than the sketch by a long shot. Quickly, the sketch was discarded and Sonic’s screenshot replaced it.

“That’s weird,” Maya said “The creature’s pattern is red. And there is no semblance of an AT Field around it. It’s like we’re just getting a view of a human or animal, for the most part. There’s nothing to say that it’s an Angel, except it’s unlike anything that exists.”

“One of its trade secrets is stealth, Lieutenant.” Eggman said, once again having to cover his tracks “It isn’t showing up on radar because it’s not in attack mode. Even in attack mode, it won’t register. It is an Angel, that’s all that there is to be known. It will destroy us if not stopped. Understood?”

“Yes, sir,” Maya responded halfheartedly. She didn’t like Eggman at all, either. He seemed to take up all of her mentor’s time on those weird projects of his, well theirs. Not only did she feel a bit usurped, but Eggman frankly gave her the creeps. If anything, he was an Angel. Eggman also treated her like she wasn’t even there, except when he wanted to order her around. She didn’t like him one bit, but didn’t tell anyone about it. Not even Ritsuko. Back to work under the Egg’s gaze.

Ritsuko believed Eggman was correct, however. There was just something about this creature that was unsettling. The only explanation she had was it was a strange, stealthy Angel. But somewhere deep within, there was something too convenient about it.

--Somewhere Near Tokyo 3--

Sonic edged closer and closer to the city. Even with his speed, he was still part of the way there. He had to find Eggman and stop him from whatever he was doing. But then, he suddenly heard a whirring and whooshing sound. He looked back just in time to see a volley of missiles fly out at him. He could only grin.

“Looks like the military’s after me now!” he chuckled, and started running backwards arms crossed, still towards Tokyo 3, mockingly “Well, I may as well show ‘em what I can do, eh?”

Sonic quickly leapt into the air, and over the missiles, which crashed into the ground and promptly exploded, just inches from him. He looked around and up to notice a couple jets flying towards him, locked onto him, firing another volley, which seemed to hit its mark.

“Got it!” one of the pilots cheered, and then his jaw dropped as Sonic flew up into the air and landed on the nose of his fighter. He was a little toasted, he had used the explosion to propel him.

“Yo, how’s it goin’?!” Sonic laughed, pulling down his eyelid and sticking out his tongue before blasting at one of the engines and made the fighter have to land. In fact, he flew through the air, mashing the engines of the other two planes, before falling to the ground and returning to his run towards the city. “Way WAY too easy! That was fun, but completely boring!”

More missiles and more planes came, but Sonic simply toyed with them, causing their own missiles to hit others before finishing off the engine of the last one standing. Sonic hoped none of them were seriously hurt, though. He edged closer to the city now, and was met with no more military resistance for a short while.

--NERV HQ--

“The Angel just took out seven of the JSSDF’s best fighters!” Hyuga announced “And it’s entering the city outskirts now.”

“Eggman was right…” Misato groaned “This thing’s not only taking down what’s being thrown at him, he’s mocking and toying with them! If it could do that, who knows what it could do to the Evangelions. Alright, then, get all missile launchers and silos ready to fire at that thing at a moment’s notice! And lower the buildings into the Geofront when it reaches the city!”

Eggman grinned. Sonic was doing just as he usually did. Even with his size and seeming insignificance, he was seemingly unstoppable. Of course, his new toys he had created with Ritsuko and the world’s materials’ help, they would thrash Sonic, he hoped. He had to get rid of him now!

--Tokyo 3 Outskirts--

Sonic chuckled as he finally reached the outskirts of the city. This was too easy…. But he knew somehow Eggman would show himself soon enough with his current antics. Eggman would have to try his hardest to not notice his presence. As he got closer, suddenly the hills opened up, revealing extensive missile silos! They began firing blasts off at Sonic, who whizzed and zigged and zagged around the explosions and missiles, that cocky grin of his on his face. Then, there was an interesting sight to behold… the city’s buildings… were lowering into the ground.

“There’s something about this city that looks like a lot of fun!” Sonic chuckled as he watched, continuing to dodge. Suddenly, a whole barrage exploded tightly around him, and to the command center it looked like the blasts had nailed him, but he quickly blasted through the smoke and dust, covered in soot, which quickly flew off thanks to his speed. Soon he arrived in the center of the city, the buildings still lowering into the ground.

NERV had no choice now. It was time to unleash the Egg-Akagi Collaboratron prototypes. And Eggman was oh so happy to give the order.

Sonic noticed something rise from the ground ahead, what looked like a small, metal building. His ears perked as he heard a whir come from inside, and then a whoosh as it opened, sending out a trio of robots, about the size of grown men. There was no doubt in his mind on what these pretties were.

“Alright, Eggman!” Sonic laughed “Let’s see what your new toys can do, eh?”

The robots blasted forward, and in no time at all, detected their target. Sonic saw them coming, and these toys were easily going his speed. He sped up, creating a sonic boom behind him, which rang out across the area.

“That thing!” Hyuga shouted “It just broke the sound barrier.”

“What?” Misato asked, mouth agape “How… impossible!”

“Amazing.” Ritsuko whispered.

Eggman simply grinned and looked at the readouts from the robots.

“Go, my children! Crush that hedg… Uh, that Angel! Dr. Akagi, be proud of what our pet project is about to accomplish!”

“Mmm. Indeed. Let’s see what these can do.”

The robots themselves broke the sound barrier in a matter of seconds later, and crashed into Sonic, sending both parties flying.

“Yeow!” Sonic cried before retaliating “Those things pack a punch. But I pack a bigger one!”

He quickly blasted into the air, and homed in on the three things in quick succession. Other than throwing them off balance, it didn’t do much. But it gave Sonic all he needed to stop, and rev up, in a ball on the ground. He flew forward at an amazing speed, crashing into a bot and knocking it several yards away, while the NERV personnel watched, amazed. But once again, the robot got up, and this time, something materialized around it, some sort of semitransparent, red field. And suddenly, the other two robots lit up the same way.

“What?” Maya said “They-- those are AT fields, and…. The robots are…. Pattern Blue!”

“What the hell is going ON?” Misato shrieked “Those things are reading out as Angels, and the AT fields are showing signs of incredible power! What sort of monsters have you two created?”

“They’re about as much monsters as the Evangelions!” Eggman said a little offended “Using some remaining data from the previous Angel, I and Dr. Akagi created a new AI program… Okay, so I did the most of the creation, but anyway. You did hear that detail earlier. These are the beginning of the uses for fantastic Iruel II AI program. These robots are near unstoppable, a new assisting force in Angel fighting.”

Sonic began attacking again, only he was repelled by the fields of the creatures, and even worse, these fields were hurting him. And that’s when they fired off several photon rounds at him, they contacted and sent him flying with a pained yell. What the hell were these things? Eggman seemed to have created the perfect weapon against him. He tried getting the things to hit each other, but they were so smart they didn’t do a thing but follow him!

“I don’t believe this, this is completely…” Sonic groaned, and then looked up. There was something in the air above…. A large, black and white striped ball. It had appeared from nowhere.

“Oh crap.” Eggman sighed to himself.

“Is… isn’t that the Angel you described, Doctor?” Misato asked.

“It must be a double team or something,” Ritsuko replied “Pattern?”

“Orange.” Maya said.

“Have the new machines keep the blue Angel at bay,” Misato ordered “As for the one that’s just arrived, do I have to ask?”

“N-no ma’am!” Hyuga said “Launching the Evangelions, NOW!”

Eggman sighed. He was running out of clever excuses. Damn that hedgehog. Damn him to hell.

Sonic realized there was only one strategy right now. Run, and keep his distance from the robots. And so he did, dodging their rushes and photon shots to the best of his abilities, but some still hit him, and it was beginning to wear him down.

Suddenly, there was a loud trio of crashes and clicks. Sonic quickly blasted up an abandoned building, the robots following. Three tall buildings had just risen from the ground, and their doors had opened. The striped ball still hovered in the air, as if it was waiting for something. And then, from each building, something arrived with a loud whoosh and crash. And then, Sonic watched in awe as he continued to dodge the assault against him. Three enormous figures came out of the buildings. One blue, one purple, and one red. Each seemed to be wearing enormous suits of armor and some sort of coverings.

Sonic didn’t know what these were, but the others did.

Evangelions.

To Be Continued

Hiiii, Leliel. :D Let the chaos begin.

What I love about posting this on a board that I couldn't do on FFN is post supplemental material like design images and the like. It's kinda satisfying.
Last edited by Omegagouki on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8luh 8luh

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:11 pm

Aw, damn, I've just reached the end of my backlog. So this could be the last chapter for who knows how long.

But, anyway, chapter 4 ahead! To note, there are a few episode 16 spoilers, though I highly doubt that I have to warn anyone around here about that, heh. :P

Chapter Four: Angel?! No Way!

--Tokyo 3--

“What have I gotten myself into?” Sonic sighed. Seemingly invincible Eggbots. Some sort of weird, floating orb thing. And now, gigantic humanoid things. As far as he could tell, The only things Eggman probably had influence over were the robots, and maybe the giants. As for the… thing, floating up above, that was news to him. Time seemed to stand still now, like an event was waiting to happen to throw everything into complete chaos.

The giants had taken cover behind assorted buildings, the blue one carrying a large rifle of some sort, the purple with a pair of handguns, the red wielding a large axe. The giants would occasionally glance at the floating orb wordlessly.

If Sonic had been in NERV’s command center, he would see a slightly different side to the story. The giants were an integral part of NERV’s defense system. Within the giants were one pilot in each, the pilots but mere teenagers of the age of fourteen. While Sonic saw wordlessness, NERV saw and heard the pilots, along with everything else. Currently, there was a discussion of how to act on the situation. Sonic was currently being distracted by the EAC-P units, while the sphere just floated in the air, still waiting.

Shinji, the only boy in the group, a seemingly timid brown-haired child with a fear of interpersonal confrontations and a habit of profuse apologies stemming from that fear was still happily, silently mulling over his currently number one synch score among the pilots, even in such a tense situation as this. It was an achievement to be proud of.

Of course, there was one person who didn’t think so, at least for him. That would be the redheaded Asuka. Brash, competitive, fiery girl, her almost Sonic-like battle demeanor hiding deep-seeded internal struggles. She saw herself as the best, the number one Evangelion pilot. Being upstaged by Shinji was not pleasant for her. Speaking of Shinji, she was currently bugging him about his synch score, albeit in a strange way.

“I think the one with the highest score should take the lead!” she said with a cocky cheerfulness “And it appears that would be you, huh, Shinji? Of course, if you’re not feeling up to it, well then, I guess you’re not so great after all.”

Shinji, of course, glowered, and took the girl‘s challenge.

“Of course I can do it.” he muttered “In fact, I’ll show you how it’s done, and done right.”

“What did you say?” Asuka questioned bitterly as she heard the do it right remark.

Misato gave a glare to the communications monitor at them both.

“Now, cut that out.”

“But, Misato, you did tell me I was number one, didn’t you?” Shinji asked, a reminder of Misato’s praise earlier in the day. Indeed, it was true.

“Yeah, I did, didn’t I?” Misato admitted sheepishly.

Shinji did have a cocky streak at times, and I guess you could say he was on one now.

“Fighting is a man’s job after all, right?”

Asuka was flabbergasted by this remark, but only momentarily.

“How old-fashioned and sexist was that, eh? Urgh…. Eva-02 will back him up!”

“And Eva-00 will be right behind them,” came a cool, state the facts mannered voice. This voice belonged to the other female pilot, a pale girl with light blue hair and a pair of red eyes that could look into your soul if they wanted to. Rei Ayanami, the girl, a strange one who seemed nothing but being professional was in her personality. She seemed like a doll, and hardly opened up to anyone, save Commander Ikari.

But, anyway, Misato was somewhat annoyed with Shinji doing this without her authorization, and she let this out audibly to Ritsuko, and much to her chagrin, Eggman as well.

“Guess the boy’s becoming a man, eh, Katsuragi?” Eggman chuckled, brushing his mustache thoughtfully with one hand.

“Indeed, he is seeming to become more manly,” Ritsuko agreed.

Misato grumbled.

“When he gets back here, he’s going to get an earful from me. I swear.”

Ritsuko smiled.

“You might just make an excellent teacher with that attitude, Misato.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

In the meantime, Sonic was once again strafing shots from the pursuing robots, as the Evas began to move closer to the floating sphere, Eva-02 comically reaching maximum length on the power cable in its back, jerking to a stop momentarily, Asuka complaining from within, before ejecting that cord and attaching another one that had been in a compartment inside the adjacent building, before moving on like usual.

Sonic decided that maybe, just maybe he should move the action to the floating sphere, as it seemed to be the other major point of interest aside from him. Besides, it’d probably be a lot more fun. And with that, he broke off into a run towards the sphere and the giants, the EAC-Ps hot on his heels

Eva-01 of course, was the closest to the sphere, Shinji waiting for his comrades to come, but he was already getting itchy to make a move now. Sonic had strafed around Eva-00’s feet, causing one of the pursuing machines to crash into it in the process with a loud bang, making the Eva stumble momentarily, Rei giving off a look of indifference from within it, before beginning to pursue.

Sonic swore to himself.

“Great, now I’ve got one of the giants after me. This is just not my day.”

He took off faster, the smaller machines boosting ahead, keeping up with him. At that moment, he turned the corner onto a street that headed right for the purple 01’s target location. The bots didn’t crash into the building and kept coming. Sonic quickly upped the ante and caused another sonic boom, getting directly under the sphere. The loud bang startled Shinji, who in turn panicked and fired up at the sphere… which vanished. Sonic noticed. The pilots noticed. NERV noticed.

The sphere’s apparent “orange” pattern changed. I’d say what it was, myself, but I think Hyuga would say it better.

“P-p-pattern Blue!” he cried “It’s an Angel, and it’s….. UNDER Eva-01!”

And with that, a black, inky shadow appeared under the giant, and expanded outwards insanely fast, fast enough for Sonic not to be able to do a thing but stumble on it… or rather, in. Meanwhile, the giant Evangelion was beginning to sink into the darkness, struggling to no avail, like it was in quicksand. Sonic, of course was much smaller and just fell in and own, the EAC-Ps flying in after, disappearing into the mess as well, losing sight of their target.

Eva-01, or Shinji, rather was panicking, firing into the darkness to no avail, the bullets simply flying into the mess like it was water.

“The Angel has just gone into its true mode,” Eggman explained “The sphere is actually the Angel’s shadow, and it would appear, a lure as well.”

“And you couldn’t tell this us before, WHY?” Misato yelled angrily.

“It skipped my mind, is all.”

Misato glared.

“Is all? Bull.”

Her expression changed a bit, however, as Shinji screamed and yelled in a furious panic.

“Misato, help me!” he screamed “Asuka? Rei? Misato! Help!!”

“Eject the plug, dammit!” Misato bellowed, in anger and panicked.

“I’m trying!” Maya responded “But it’s not working! It won’t work, and Eva-01 is sinking too fast!”

Indeed it was, its head now the only thing not submerged, Shinji’s screams and pleas of help still ringing in the command center, until the head went under, and they stopped completely. It was immediately known that two things had happened. One, the Angel had turned into some sort of black, swallowing mass. And two, the Eva, Sonic, and the EAC-Ps had been swallowed into it.

“Shinji!” Misato yelled “Asuka, Rei, get Eva-01! Now!”

“On it!” both Rei and Asuka replied immediately, blasting towards the reappearing sphere and the inky darkness underneath it.

“That simple-minded fool!” Asuka grumbled to himself, her Eva thundering forward “he can get the high score in training, but in the real thing, he totally fails!”

In the meantime, the other remaining Eva fired at the sphere, only to get the same result, only the darkness deciding to expand underneath Asuka’s.

“And it vanishes again,” Eggman said, just before this happens “Be careful, Misses Soryu and Ayanami.”

Too late of course, as Asuka was about to be swallowed by the darkness, only to have such a thing thwarted by quick thinking, the Eva using its axe and knife to scale a building, as cars and the building itself sank below.

“The whole city is sinking,” Asuka said, stating the obvious.

“Shinji and Eva-01 are still in there,” Rei stated.

Misato shook and glowered, before uttering out the order to retreat. There was protest, but she restated the retreat order sharply and seriously.

“That’s an order. Retreat NOW.”

After the orders to retreat, time began to pass, and speculations and analyses began. According to Ritsuko, and Eggman, if Shinji kept the life support functions to a minimum, he could survive for at least sixteen hours. Eggman also added that the other Angel, or should we say Sonic, would probably not survive as long. Too bad for him he had to hide his joy of finally smashing the biggest bug in his life.

-

Of course, as always, things weren’t that cut and dry. For somewhere, in what seemed like utter, unending blackness…

A blue hedgehog floated, trying to comprehend what had happened and where he was now. Met with nothing but blackness and silence, all he could do was cross his arms over himself and try to figure it out.

And somewhere else in the blackness, an enormous hulking figure and the boy deep within also met with nothing. Shinji’s attempts to sleep to conserve energy to the life support systems and himself with such were turning out to be a spectacular failure. Rather than helping him, it was having an evilly reverse effect. It made him feel worse.

Once again, he checked the radar and scanning equipment, to get nothing but white noise. Whatever he was stuck in, it was incredibly vast and empty, so extremely so to get nothing at all. He sighed, checking the timer on the wrist of his plugsuit.

“It’s been 12 hours already….?” he murmured, flopping back in the seat “I’m going to die in a couple of hours… And I’m hungry, too…”

He looked around, checking one last time. Nothing… and then, his radar detected something…. But it was small, far away and seemingly insignificant. It couldn’t be anything of importance… Could it? He shook his head and stared forward. And he did so, for some time.

Sonic, in the meantime, was also feeling the effects of being in this black place for such a long time. He hated sitting around with nothing to see or do, and was getting quite restless and irritated. He tried boosting himself in another direction and another, but it was so black that it seemed the had been in place the whole time. It usually wasn’t like him to swear much, but at this moment, he was letting off spurts of it.

“Dammit!”, he exclaimed “Isn’t there any way out of his… this… PLACE? This…. Hell?”

He let out a scream of frustration, in hopes of being heard. No one responded.

Shinji, in the meantime awoke with a start, the scream coming up as feedback on the monitors. He looked around, and was about to search for the source of the noise, only to notice the chamber was getting cloudy…. Reddish-orange cloudy. The purification system was breaking down, and the scent of blood entered his nostrils, the taste on his tongue, it was as if he was floating in it. Suffice to say, the young pilot instantly panicked, shouting for help from people he knew, going unanswered making things worse as he began to pound and scratch at the plug’s release valve. Another wave of exhaustion passed over him, and he slumped back down, mumbling and shivering.

“I hate this place…. I hate it…. Someone… anyone… help. I want out of here.”

-

In the meantime, up top, a plan was forming on how to get Shinji out of his situation. But the plan that was coming along did not sit well with Misato Katsuragi at all.

“Run that by me again, Ritsuko?” she asked with slight venom.

“Forced salvage operation,” the blonde scientist responded, adjusting the glasses she occasionally wore for such things “The way things are looking, it’s the only way we’re going to get Shinji out of this.”

“What does this entail, Dr. Akagi?” Eggman asked, standing several feet away from the two women “It sounds complicated… and dangerous.”

“Well, Eggman… it’s actually a pretty simple procedure. We drop every single N2 Mine we have in stock into the central mass, while the other Evas activate their AT Fields at the same time. Hypothetically, the pocket dimension within the Angel has an interior circuit. We do this procedure, and we could disrupt it and essentially phase out the dimensional rift and cause enough explosive power, that, simultaneously, it would destroy the Angel, the Sea of Dirac pocket dimension, and get Eva-01 out in the process.”

A nod from Eggman.

“That is pretty simple. But very dangerous, still.”

“Not only that,” Misato hissed “It would kill Shinji! KILL HIM! What’s wrong with you? What…. How is this a rescue operation? HOW? How is it supposed to rescue Shinji if he’s dead?”

“This isn’t about Shinji,” Ritsuko responded coldly “The priority of this whole operation is to recover the Evangelion. Whether the body is severely damaged is destroyed is of no importance.”

“Now, wait a damn second!” Misato bellowed “Shinji--”

Ritsuko just looked at Misato, before responding quite calmly and bluntly.

“The pilot’s life is of no concern at all.”

During this moment, Eggman was already racing towards the two, to intercept the coming obvious event.

Misato’s open hand swung forcefully towards Ritsuko’s face with an enraged slap. Only, the slap failed to connect by mere micrometers, a white-gloved hand crushingly locked around the offending arm, Misato’s eyes open wide, Ritsuko simply glaring from behind her glasses.

“Let me go, Egg!” Misato hissed “Damn you, let me GO!”

“Is it really necessary to be rash and do such a thing at a time like this, Major?” Eggman asked, the thickness and shine of his glasses hiding amusement “It isn’t going to change anything acting like this.”

And with that he let go, Misato jerking her hand way, glaring at both scientists, murder in her eyes.

“Why…. Why is Eva-01 so important, that you would kill its pilot to get it back?”

“There is nothing to say about it, Misato,” Ritsuko growled “And you need to realize that this is your fault. If you hadn’t given him such high expectations, he never would have done something so stupid! He wouldn’t be in this mess.”

“That’s NOT what I asked you!” Misato roared, charging forward, Eggman not being able to stop in time as she grabbed Ritsuko by the collar of her lab coat, glaring down into her eyes. “Tell me what’s so important about the Eva! What the HELL is important about it. Both you and the Commander, BOTH of you, seem to care about it more than life itself. What the hell is the Evangelion? What is it?”

“You’ve been told everything already. There’s nothing else to say. Now, let go.”

“You… you’re lying…. Damn you!” Misato screeched, shoving Ritsuko back, before storming away.

“Well, that didn’t go well...” Eggman sighed “Does this mean the plan is getting aborted?”

“No,” Ritsuko said calmly, gaining her bearings “We’re going with it. Misato knows her place, she’ll allow it to happen, anyway. Eva-01 will be retrieved, at any cost.”

“Oho. Yes, she’d never understand the true importance of this project… I shall go and talk to the crew and get the plan started.”

“Roger that… wait, what do you mean by that? You know no more or less than she does.”

“As I’ve said before…. Ritsuko,” Eggman said, a large grin on his face, though turned away from Ritsuko’s gaze “I have my methods of figuring things out. Oh ho ho….”

“Humph, you--” but Eggman had already disappeared out of earshot “You really make me wonder sometimes.”

Ritsuko followed after that.

-

Shinji now lay unconscious in his seat, it now filled with red orange. But suddenly, everything vanished, Shinji awaking to a lot of blue, rippling like water. No cockpit, no LCL. Just blue. And Shinji felt completely refreshed. Where was he?

And that’s when a soft, female voice called out to him.

“Shinji… don’t give up. Live, there is still much for you to do.”

“Who… who are you?” Shinji squeaked.

“Shinji. Continue on! There are so many people counting on you.”

Visions of the past, visions of familiarity, even some not so. And a pair of ethereal hands on his face.

“…..Mother?”

-

Sonic was shivering, things were getting even more black. He tried to speak, but no sound came. The darkness was taking over. He was actually going to die here.

“Damn you, Eggman… Looks like whatever you were planning worked. I’m going to die in this horrible place. You won. Tails, Amy, everyone… I’m sorry.”

“Don’t give up yet!” a voice called from in a random direction, soft and female.

“Huh?”

“This isn’t over. When have you ever given up on anything?”

“Never. Sonic the Hedgehog never gives up!”

“Then, why now? There are people counting on you…. Not just your world, but here. Eggman has just made himself an even larger threat.”

“You’re right! And if he can become a threat to another world entirely, then nowhere is safe…”

“Then, go. Follow my voice, it will lead you out of here. I know you can do it--”

And then, a name only Sonic knew, his own, real name. Only one other person knew.

“……Mother?”

And with that, Sonic blasted forward, quickly gaining speed to seemingly impossible heights, towards this guiding voice.

“I won’t give up! Eggman, I’m coming for you!”

-

And back in Tokyo 3, hundreds of bombing craft were moving towards the enormous black shadow, ready to carry out the plan that had been set. And on the border of the shadow, on opposite sides stood Evas 0 and 2, waiting.

“Well, this is it….” Ritsuko noted.

“The bombers are getting in range,” Shigeru Aoba announced.

Misato just looked on wordlessly, giving glares to Ritsuko and Eggman.

“Here we go… I’m sorry, Shinji.”

“Huh?” Makoto Hyuga gasped “I think… there’s some activity coming from the sphere. Something’s happening!”

“What?”

Indeed, something was happening. The side of the sphere bulged slightly for a moment, then returning to normal, and then bulging again. And then, a tear from the bulge, and a sudden spurt of red. Then another, this one going from a spurt to a steady spray. The entire bridge crew going wide-eyed at the sight. Blood was spraying out.

And at first unnoticeable, a pair of giant hands pulling the tear further open. And further. And now clearly visible, even in the crimson spray.

“Is that the Eva?” Maya gasped.

“It… it can’t be!” Misato yelled.

“But it is,” Eggman said with a smile and a nod.

“How would you--”

But it was, the hands pulling further, a crimson-stained one-horned head pushing out from the now quite large and intensely bleeding tear. And the Eva continued to rip and tear, its seemingly permanently-shut jaw suddenly popping open, a spooky cry coming from it. And it kept coming, the figure suddenly yanking, the sphere exploding open, spraying blood, before breaking up into large chunks, the Eva sailing down onto the shadow, and on top of it with a loud crash, crimson cracks appearing in the black and suddenly, even more blood flying up from these cracks in unbelievable torrents, the Eva completely stained dark crimson, eyes glowing, as the black shadow burst into chunks itself.

The bridge crew was in a panicked uproar, looking on at this horrifying sight.

“What…. What in the hell?” Misato mumbled.

And then, the Eva reared back, opening its mouth even further, before letting out a chilling, bellowing roar, that somehow sounded almost human. And again.

“What sort of… what sort of terrible monster have we created?” Ritsuko said shakily.

“I’ve never seen anything quite like it,” Eggman though to himself “Just what have I gotten myself into? I knew those things were special, but…. D-damn. This is incredible….”

And meanwhile, on the border of the madness, Eva-02 stood, splatters of dark crimson on its armor, its pilot looking on, aghast. Asuka let out a slight whimper and gulped.

“Am…. Am I piloting…. Something like THAT?”

And Rei, with an uncharacteristic grimace, her eyes shut tight, shuddering, her near-white skin slightly greened. She was trying her best not to vomit from what she had just seen. She hated blood, oh so much.

And, now sitting on a bloody chunk of what used to be the Angel, was Sonic, on his back, completely soaked in blood, looking on in absolute horror. He shuddered, he gulped, he whimpered.

And then, for the first time in his largely eventful life… Sonic the Hedgehog let out a scream of pure terror.

To be Continued

The breast has been split, and another chapter ends... Updates will come whenever, now.
Last edited by Omegagouki on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8luh 8luh

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:59 pm

Your writing style is good, and the story has been entertaining thus far.

Unfortunately I have only a vague familiarity with Sonic et al, so I can't comment on trueness of characters.

flatulant
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby flatulant » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:12 pm

I also know Sonic's real name.
Last edited by flatulant on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:52 am

Olgelvi Maurice Tilson...dont think i spelled that right...ive been a Sonic fannatic since i was 3 years old...(first time i ever beat Sonic 2 i was only 4 years old)

i think Sonic's "momma" was kinda a bad idea...he shoulda turned inta SuperSonic to get out...then just turned back regular once he escaped...

plus...I WANT SONIC TA MEET DA CHILDRENS!!!...Rei meets Sonic = blue hair/fur joke

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:18 pm

BobBQ wrote:Unfortunately I have only a vague familiarity with Sonic et al, so I can't comment on trueness of characters.

I'd say he's done pretty well with Sonic. I can't say much for Eggman since I'm only marginally familiar with the character. (I grew up with Dr. Robotnik, a somewhat less eccentric and more... evil [read: misunterstood/misrepresented] incarnation.) Seems about right based on what I gathered from the latter games.

Is Sonic's mom gonna end up being Aleena, or are you going to cook something up? I never did like that Bernadette ...

master0rolando wrote:Olgelvi Maurice Tilson...dont think i spelled that right...ive been a Sonic fannatic since i was 3 years old...(first time i ever beat Sonic 2 i was only 4 years old)

Olgilvie Maurice Hedgehog. (Where'd you get Tilson?) His original "real" name was Nicky.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:26 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:Olgilvie Maurice Hedgehog. (Where'd you get Tilson?) His original "real" name was Nicky.

Olgilvie...thats such weird exotic name...ive never heard anything even remotely like that...how do you pronounce it?

Tilson...it was somewhere in the Archie comics...

i have like a box in my closet with like 100 issues of the comics and i have no intention of searching them for the ONE speech bubble in there that says Tilson...Sally should totally appear in a Sonic game BTW...she's hella boss...

I've never heard it being Nicky...I know a Japanese girl that said she read his real name to be Junta but i never found any evidence of that...

I should totally e-mail Yuji Naka right now..."Hey whats Sonic's name?"

Ill bet by pointing out Sonic's name weve totally ruined some kind of plot twist Omegagouki had in store...you should apologize Hexon

Maybe theyll say it in the new game...everyones saying that on the Wii they finally did the whole 3-D Sonic thing right...since the newer games have been so-so...but the Latest for Wii is supposed to on par with Zelda in terms of raw unfettered coolness...

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:22 pm

master0rolando wrote:
Hexon.Arq wrote:Olgilvie Maurice Hedgehog. (Where'd you get Tilson?) His original "real" name was Nicky.

Olgilvie...thats such weird exotic name...ive never heard anything even remotely like that...how do you pronounce it?

Ol'-Gil-Vy, I suppose.

Tilson...it was somewhere in the Archie comics...

i have like a box in my closet with like 100 issues of the comics and i have no intention of searching them for the ONE speech bubble in there that says Tilson...Sally should totally appear in a Sonic game BTW...she's hella boss...

I never liked Sally until recently. In SatAM and the early Archies, she seemed too mature to pass for a teenager, even a well-bred teenager. She always struck me as a Leia rip-off. I like what they've done recently, though; she seems much more her age, though I know a lot of fans will disagree.

One thing that should totally be assimilated into the games is Knuckles' whole backstory: the Dark Legion, the Brotherhood, the whole shit. Archie Knuckles >>> Sega Knuckles.

I've never heard it being Nicky...I know a Japanese girl that said she read his real name to be Junta but i never found any evidence of that...

Junta... that sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it. "Nicky" is taken from one of the earliest manga press materials released prior to the release of Sonic The Hedgehog (1991). In it, an ordinary hedgehog
named Nicky transforms into a kind of Super-Hedgehog named Sonic. Lame, but cuter than what would become the Fleetway origin yarn.

Last I heard, he quit Sonic Team sometime in... '05? If you start asking him Sonic questions, he'll probablly tell you something stupid like, "Study, you idiot."

Ill bet by pointing out Sonic's name weve totally ruined some kind of plot twist Omegagouki had in store...you should apologize Hexon

I doubt it, but if that's the case, Omega had it coming when he made a Sonic-related thread.

Maybe theyll say it in the new game...everyones saying that on the Wii they finally did the whole 3-D Sonic thing right...since the newer games have been so-so...but the Latest for Wii is supposed to on par with Zelda in terms of raw unfettered coolness...

Sonic and the Secret Rings

I'll believe it when I play it.

I recently busted out my ol' Dreamcast and had another go at Sonic Adventure, a game that received universally high marks in every field except music when it was first released. In retrospect, it's one of the most sloppilly assembled games I've ever played. Seriously, I wonder if they even had a testing phase. The newness of the engine is no excuse for being blind to its many dire flaws, most of which in the now-expected control/camera realm (and are worse than in some of most grievanced games--namely SA2 and Sonic Heroes--combined), but a few in areas as basic as music cues and map loading. All of this in contrast to Mario 64, which is a joy to play even to this day.

Then I read the reviews for the last one. I wasn't surprised. My faith in the Sonic license is at roughtly -34%, so I'll be almost angry if Secret Rings isn't a disaster at this point.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:36 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:I never liked Sally until recently. In SatAM and the early Archies, she seemed too mature to pass for a teenager, even a well-bred teenager. She always struck me as a Leia rip-off. I like what they've done recently, though; she seems much more her age, though I know a lot of fans will disagree.

i always liked her...i think someone once made a mod for the computer release of Sonic Fighters to make it so you could play as her and Bunny...shes like a chipmunk i think...the comics right now are okay...the artists suck though...theyre not even trying...honestly i wish Spaz would do the entire thing...hes the only decent artist there...hes actually really good...

Hexon.Arq wrote:One thing that should totally be assimilated into the games is Knuckles' whole backstory: the Dark Legion, the Brotherhood, the whole shit. Archie Knuckles >>> Sega Knuckles.

Meh...i think they went waayy out of spectrum with the story...like how Dragonball transforms in DBZ...(hate those shows BTW)
Hexon.Arq wrote:Junta... that sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it. "Nicky" is taken from one of the earliest manga press materials released prior to the release of Sonic The Hedgehog (1991). In it, an ordinary hedgehog
named Nicky transforms into a kind of Super-Hedgehog named Sonic. Lame, but cuter than what would become the Fleetway origin yarn.
i think i know what your talking about...He was brown and was helping Dr. Kintobar test his new adrenaline enhancement system...but when Nicky used it, it worked too well...the conveyor belt measuring his running speed exploded and Nicky was severly injured...the entire adrenaline formula along with other chemicals were caught in the wounds and healed into them...when he recovered he had super speed and endless amounts of energy...Dr. Kintobar lost his arm in the explosion and when he replaced it with robotics he became insane and obsessed with robots and rearranged his last name to be Robotnik...

Hexon.Arq wrote:I'll believe it when I play it.

I recently busted out my ol' Dreamcast and had another go at Sonic Adventure, a game that received universally high marks in every field except music when it was first released. In retrospect, it's one of the most sloppilly assembled games I've ever played. Seriously, I wonder if they even had a testing phase. The newness of the engine is no excuse for being blind to its many dire flaws, most of which in the now-expected control/camera realm (and are worse than in some of most grievanced games--namely SA2 and Sonic Heroes--combined), but a few in areas as basic as music cues and map loading. All of this in contrast to Mario 64, which is a joy to play even to this day.

Then I read the reviews for the last one. I wasn't surprised. My faith in the Sonic license is at roughtly -34%, so I'll be almost angry if Secret Rings isn't a disaster at this point.

well just look at the reviews for this one...everyones saying its fantastic...

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:05 pm

master0rolando wrote:i always liked her...i think someone once made a mod for the computer release of Sonic Fighters to make it so you could play as her and Bunny...shes like a chipmunk i think...the comics right now are okay...the artists suck though...theyre not even trying...honestly i wish Spaz would do the entire thing...hes the only decent artist there...hes actually really good...

I don't have a handle on the names of the artists that work on the comic, but I do know that I prefer the cartoonish, super-deformed manga style employed by one of their present-day artists* over the generic, disproportionate, Hanna-Barberesque artwork prevalent following the first death of Robotnik. The point in the story at which they tried to be the most serious was the point when the comic became harder to look at and take seriously. A step in the opposite direction, to my own professed chagrin, seems much more appropriate. You take the good with the bad, I suppose--it is Archie Comics, after all. The run of the comic over the years has been, at times, shocking in its display of how far some bad artists can go before they're ready. But then you get some real gems in that chair, and wonder, "Why can't it always be like this?" And I'm not only referring to SPAZ.

As for the story, I think it showed the most promise during its said ugly stage. But then the parents started being found, and it all went to hell for me. The comic, like the games, could have been so much more.

master0rolando wrote:
Hexon.Arq wrote:One thing that should totally be assimilated into the games is Knuckles' whole backstory: the Dark Legion, the Brotherhood, the whole shit. Archie Knuckles >>> Sega Knuckles.

Meh...i think they went waayy out of spectrum with the story...like how Dragonball transforms in DBZ...(hate those shows BTW)

Whatever. I just like the Dark Legion. Sega's treatment of Knuckles has essentially left him the least interesting character in the series--an odd step to take considering his unique role. The Knuckles comic may have been filled with misguided artistic decisions, but it feels like the only element of the Sonic universe that ever bothered to go anywhere. Archie had a good thing going when they sent Sonic and Tails off on that quest that led them to Nate Morgan, but then it seemed like the writers got lost, and essentially led them to start all over.

master0rolando wrote:
Hexon.Arq wrote:Junta... that sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it. "Nicky" is taken from one of the earliest manga press materials released prior to the release of Sonic The Hedgehog (1991). In it, an ordinary hedgehog

i think i know what your talking about...He was brown and was helping Dr. Kintobar test his new adrenaline enhancement system...but when Nicky used it, it worked too well...the conveyor belt measuring his running speed exploded and Nicky was severly injured...the entire adrenaline formula along with other chemicals were caught in the wounds and healed into them...when he recovered he had super speed and endless amounts of energy...Dr. Kintobar lost his arm in the explosion and when he replaced it with robotics he became insane and obsessed with robots and rearranged his last name to be Robotnik...

No, you're thinking of the story that ran in Disney Adventures magazine, which ultimately became the origin tale of the Fleetway Comic. I was referring to this.
I was wrong, however, about it predating the first game; it was released in 1992.

master0rolando wrote:
Hexon.Arq wrote:I'll believe it when I play it.

...babble babble, bitch bitch...

well just look at the reviews for this one...everyones saying its fantastic...

Point me in the direction of a review, because I'm not seeing one. The game doesn't come out until the end of February. The best I've read about it simply states that people think it's nice that Sonic is the only playable character.

*Jon Gray. I'm pretty sure that's who I'm thinking of. I like him.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:39 pm

http://wii.ign.com/articles/757/757110p1.html

Return to “Fanfiction”