Any word on REBUILD 2.0 yet?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:58 am

I think we have enough S/A threads elsewhere...

A possible change in role might be as Mari's mentor (even better would be Mari/Asuka end confirmed, but I'm not getting my hopes up).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 am

Speaking of plugsuits....other than those chesty button things being turned red where there any other changes made to the plugsuit designs? I don't really do any Eva drawings so I haven't studied the plugsuits down to the smallest detail so I didn't see much different in the suit overall. Except for that maybe Rei's always present butt indentation is hidden more.

Anyone notice anything else different? Little things I've probably missed like a new line of color here or what not.

As for Asuka's suit, I'll wait till I see it before I show an iota of excitement about a NEW DESIGN. If the worst thing we Eva fans have to deal with for her is a new white line on her suit then I'm happy. I'm a dedicated Alien fan who's had to watch 20th Century Fox rape that creature for the past 2 films (I actually am a big fan of Alien 3 and Resurrection).

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Zeak » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:25 am

I didn’t really look to be honest I guess it will be interesting to see Shinji in Asuka’s plug suit if that seen still take place. Makes me wonder though the Image of unit 2 if it in the volcano where is the Type "D" equipment. That will be a funny clip to look at.

Has anything been said about that piece of shit Jet Alone? Because from memory that’s next isn't it? Or have they just cut it away. Still it’s interesting to see the animator freaking out over the new footage.
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:12 am

I think they obviously cut it out, because even if you watch the Series itself, you can skip that part.

The only message here was that "They don't want an rival in the fighting against angels, that could interfere with their plans"
or something in that order.

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Zeak » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:27 am

Ramiel² wrote:I think they obviously cut it out

Ill'd be interested to see evidence on this.
Ill'd have to look over GFOS again but it seemed to only really make sense with that. The real question is will they. I can understand them cutting that part out but it also showed some of the sides of the characters that you would not normally see or you don’t see in other episodes. But whose to say they wont still include those parts in. I figured Jet Alone in the series was in a bit of a brake between attacks, although it has been a while since I have watched that episode it was probably more likely to fill the gap.
Last edited by Zeak on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:30 am

Let's try to keep this kind of wandering speculation out of the news thread, please. This isn't the place (especially now that one of these is back in action).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:15 am

Mr. Tines wrote:I think we have enough S/A threads elsewhere...

Your words, they have no meaning!

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

Postby JimmyWolk » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:14 am

The new plugsuit design (or at least "a" new design) is already on that pic. No major changes though. The neck area is a bit different, the collar simpler but with blue "orbs" at the sides next to it, the green stripe is (I think) a bit thinned and more pointy, and there's a double line, like the one from ribs to crotch, running into it.
And I really hope it stays with such simple changes - never saw anything wrong with the design (or her role in Eva for that matter), so before changing something to the worse (Unit-02 design), I'd rather have it not change at all... >_>

As for Shinji's & Rei's suits, the only major difference I noticed was that they actually used the designs from Manga/artworks (ie, raised "bump" at the collar, a bit more detail...) rather than from the series/EoE.

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:07 am

来年9月公開予定『ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:破』制作スタッフ&ガイナックス共同制作

http://ameblo.jp/hallsperson/entry-10176902704.html

People from "Fields", the company who made the Eva pachi-slots, said in a conference about the last model, that "Ha" would premiere or be presented in september.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:28 pm

First rumors about this September, then rumors about 2.0 being in the summer, now NEXT September? ...I just hope that waiting for Ha will be worth it.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

V
Banned

Postby V » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:48 pm

it wouldn't be Gainax without it

and at least, this means Eva will be "out there" longer

but seriously this is insane: Rebuild 1.0 was in theaters *15 months ago* and there's still not even a licensed subtitled DVD

now SEPTEMBER?!!?!?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm

why does anno hate us :shinji_boohoo:

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:12 am

i think i'll wait for more definitive news

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:49 am

V wrote:it wouldn't be Gainax without it

...But it's n-...

...oh, never mind.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:12 am

V wrote:Rebuild 1.0 was in theaters *15 months ago* and there's still not even a licensed subtitled DVD

*cough*Germany*cough* *cough*Australia*cough*

And if you think that's bad, the JoJo Phantom Blood movie came out about 6 months before Rebuild 1.0, and there's still not even a Japanese DVD release for that!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Zerogoki
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Zerogoki » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:17 pm

RockManBalls wrote:It mentions that the story is set after the world is struck by the disaster that is the Second Impact. Red water explained?

Please God, let it be so... :pray:

We seem to be getting fairly regular stuff now, don't we? Even if it isn't that illuminating, we're getting more pictures than we were, aren't we? With any luck, these extra months that they're taking to get the film out could just make it brilliant. (We hope, anyway...)
zerogokiru theories make Zerogoki want to hit walls...
#I've got a soul,
But I'm not going to tell you whose...#

"It was originally Happy Magic Virtue Shield." NAveryW on the heap of odd that is the Enchanted Shield of Virtue...
Brikhaus: "I would use Eva-02 (because it's red) to deliver toys to all the good little girls and boys of the world on a single night. That night? September 19th, which is Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:36 pm

Zerogoki wrote:Please God, let it be so..

People seem to be forgetting that in the actual film, Maya made a comment about how the red "water"(?) was the result of Second Impact....

With any luck, these extra months that they're taking to get the film out could just make it brilliant. (We hope, anyway...)

QFT.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:46 am

I wouldn't want to hope for that at all. I'd hope that it would be brilliant from the beginning anyway.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:27 am

NAveryW wrote:
V wrote:it wouldn't be Gainax without it

...But it's n-...

...oh, never mind.

Studio Khara is in charge of this in PARTNERSHIP with GAINAX. Khara is the head honcho. If GAINAX was in charge we would not have to worry about fan dub or subs of rebuild being taken down.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:07 pm

http://www.cinematopics.com/cinema/koukaibi/koukaibi.php

Looks like this says 2.0 movie is in July 2009, but no sources.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”