Possible Identity of Moon Giant

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:56 am

Shiro wrote:And that doesn't have to be an excavation site at all.

Nerv's 7th Branch, Temporary Excavation Base
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:47 am

OOOOOOOOOO, BURN.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:45 pm

Shit. Well...that sure throws a wrench into things...
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE -My fanfic. COMPLETE, HAHA! 2/25/08.
2.0: YOU ARE (NOT) WORTHLESS: Updated (!!) 7/14/08
Nigecha dame da...
"Kaworu is not a character. Kaworu is a plot device. Kaworu sucks." -Reichu

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:24 pm

There was a reason why I kept on mentioning "excavation".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:08 am

Well, soundly defeated by Reichu's superior knowledge of Moon runes, I shall now adopt the Wait-And-See policy. Because my theory is now only half as credible.

Although I still think I have the basics. I will not budge on my definition of Adams (anything else would be just silly) and that Kaworu is Angel #3. But the rest...crap.
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE -My fanfic. COMPLETE, HAHA! 2/25/08.
Nigecha dame da...

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:42 am

Reading another thread has given me a completely different idea. (apologies for double post) Wrote this up in about five minutes in a burst of inspiration.

Eva Yojimbo wrote:-This is an old theory that I don't think has ever been fairly explored (it gets written off too easy for some reason). I think it was first brought up when someone mentions the Adam embryo is labeled "sample". Sample implies there's more. And if there's more, where is it and what is it?

What if the Adam on the moon IS the original Adam. And the Moon is in fact Adam's White Moon, removed from Earth after Lilith's arrival.

The Second Impact was caused by a CLONE of Adam that Seele created. They had created many embryos of Adam, for use in experiments. We've been able to go to the moon for a long time, so Seele had ample time to excavate Adam. It wouldn't take long to generate a full White Giant via cloning, especially with NGE pseudoscience. A "successfully" cloned embryo was brought to Antarctica for growth and research, due to its remote location.

The embryo's growth was carefully monitored by Seele and it was kept under control. Upon its growth into a full white giant, Seele attempted the failed Contact Experiment as per Old Century Eva. This created Kaworu at the same time as Second Impact. Adam 2 blew up, made the sea bleed. Project failed. As a result, all other Adam embryos were frozen, never to be unfrozen for fear of another Second Impact.

Crucified Giant down in Central Dogma is Lilith, no mask because it's her actual face. She was discovered upon excavation of the Black Moon.

End result remains the same: Kaworu is the Third Angel, Adams refers to Adam, embryos and Kaworu, White Giant is Adam.

And this time it incorporates the excavation bit. Anything wrong with that one?
Nigecha dame da...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:34 am

Sorry to be a broken record, but...

Clone of Adam = Eva
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Like I said. So what? The fact that the clones of Adam are given a new name is MEANINGLESS.

Evas have proven to have all the functionality of Adam, were they not restrained and given the soul of a human mother. The idea that Kaworu could merge with Eva to create a new Seed hinges on that fact. And that's YOUR idea.
Nigecha dame da...

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:28 pm

The Moon Giant is the Third Angel, obviously, and is also a THIRD SEED OF LIFE (maybe Adam type, or a new type altogether.) Also, her body is being converted into Eva 06, and her soul is inside Mari and-*shot*

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby AyrYntake » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:53 pm

Oh. My. God. The Adam-Lilith relationship just turned triangul-*shot*
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:01 pm

*shot*

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:37 pm

:gun-shades: I shot all of you for thinking those stupid ideas.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:55 pm

Shiro wrote:Like I said. So what? The fact that the clones of Adam are given a new name is MEANINGLESS.

The point is, you're saying such-and-such is "a clone of Adam", and, in Eva-speak, that's the same thing as saying it's an "Eva". In Eva, being an "Adam clone" does not make you special -- relatively speaking.

The idea that Kaworu could merge with Eva to create a new Seed hinges on that fact. And that's YOUR idea.

A regular "Adam clone" becomes special by putting Adam's soul into it and letting all hell break loose.

Aura wrote:The Moon Giant is the Third Angel, obviously, and is also a THIRD SEED OF LIFE (maybe Adam type, or a new type altogether.)

It's a new type that produces Space Monsters, which are a huge threat to Angels and Lilin both. The Moon Giant is also into S&M, hence the gimp suit.

The Moon will be destroyed in the final episode, when the Space Monsters hatch (these ones don't need stars; they're special) and enter a face-off with Reibuster, the product of Rei combining with every person on Earth.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:46 am

It's a new type that produces Space Monsters, which are a huge threat to Angels and Lilin both. The Moon Giant is also into S&M, hence the gimp suit.

I blame Kaworu and his flamboyant gayness.

The Moon will be destroyed in the final episode, when the Space Monsters hatch (these ones don't need stars; they're special) and enter a face-off with Reibuster, the product of Rei combining with every person on Earth.

Wait, wait, wait....you mean if Instrumentality was successful we'd have all combined into a Megazord Mecha Buster?

DAMMIT, Shinji!

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:01 pm

Giga Progressive knife Braykar?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:49 pm

I still like the idea of Moon Giant being Sammael and Mari being one of the FAR (thought up the latter the other day; felt proud of myself; considering that to be a vessel of a SOL, Mari would have to look like Kaworu or Rei and all). There's nothing that said her being one of the FAR couldn't work though. ;)

Anyway, why exactly would Moon Giant have to be Adam [based life] if it's not a new SOL/FAR of some sort? Couldn't it be some kind of Lilith based life instead? (I'm asking due to Shiro's theories.)

Edit: lol typos.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:01 pm

It could turn out that it does indeed produce Lilim-like lifeforms, but, they have telekinetic and other various psychic abilities and are able to manifest their AT fields. A sound theory. Thanks for providing the catalyst, SSD.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:47 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I still like the idea of Moon Giant being Sammael and Mari being one of the FAR (thought up the latter the other day; felt proud of myself; considering that to be a vessel of a SOL, Mari would have to look like Kaworu or Rei and all). There's nothing that said her being one of the FAR couldn't work though. ;)

Anyway, why exactly would Moon Giant have to be Adam [based life] if it's not a new SOL/FAR of some sort? Couldn't it be some kind of Lilith based life instead? (I'm asking due to Shiro's theories.)

Edit: lol typos.

Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is the best one.

An entirely new Seed would overcomplicate that which is already overly complicated. And it's already established that Adam's moon is the White Moon. And Lilith appears to be in Terminal Dogma; it'd be ridiculous to use the same Misato-knows-nothing plot twist again.

Then again, Occam's Razor rarely applies to Evangelion. In that case, a Third Seed of Life would be badass beyond belief.
Nigecha dame da...

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:12 pm

New Rebuild plot-twist! Lilith, Rei, the Moon Giant, Eva Unit 06, and Mari are all...quantum manifestations of GNR.

Because Rebuild takes place DURING INSTRUMENTALITY OMGOMG

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:24 pm

AHAHAHAHA!!!! That would be horrible....
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”