Gendo & Women

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

AsukaChan
Tunniel
Tunniel

Gendo & Women

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaChan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:15 am

It just occurred to me, as I'm sure it has occurred to everyone at some point (and these things take me longer to realize than it does for most people..):

That Gendo gets a lot of ass.

I mean, I can totally see why.

Who wouldn't wanna hit that?

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:08 am

What do you mean, "He gets a lot of ass?"
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:36 am

He's teh pimp. :leekspin: :gendo_kimura:
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:53 am

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:What do you mean, "He gets a lot of ass?"

He was with Yui, then soon after her death, he was with Naoko, and later, with Ritsuko.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:39 am

ZapalacX wrote:He's teh Gendo

Fixed.
:gendo:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:40 am

Three asses over the course of 15+ years is actually more retrained than one might expect of a "man in power"...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:52 am

Gendo must have done plenty of other nameless women as well...in fact, I've been planning to give Gendo a little more backstory (excuse the wordplay) on that aspect of his character.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:53 am

Reichu wrote:Three asses over the course of 15+ years is actually more retrained than one might expect of a "man in power"...

Those are the only ones we know about. There could have been many, many more. Plus, there had to be at least one late night where he and Fuyutsuki got drunk, and became a little adventurous.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:57 am

Maybe Gendo would be adventurous, but Fuyutsuki...

Gah, it's you!!! :@_@:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:57 am

UrsusArctos wrote:Gendo must have done plenty of other nameless women as well...

What makes you certain of this?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:01 am

Well, I have the impression he had a certain amount of "practice" charming women...how else does he get on so easily with someone like Yui, who would probably have been in the company of many more suitors? Even if Fuyutsuki hadn't known about her(he was a bit of an antisocial himself) quite a few boys would have known about hawt Yui-sama to be(phrasing deliberate).

And Gendo managed it with both Naoko (Who seems to be older to him) and Ritsuko (18 years younger). Yes, he must have had practice. The devil!
:kaos_akuma:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:05 am

UrsusArctos wrote:Well, I have the impression he had a certain amount of "practice" charming women...

Mr. "I-don't-know-how-to-be-liked"? I never got the impression that Gendo was much of a "charmer" at all, and the idea that he was ever interested in actually seducing Yui was always just grapevine. IMO, the fact that they got together had more to do with her than him.

And the Akagi women? Well, they're just weird, and Gendo was sad and ronery. Plus you need to keep your most invaluable toadies happy until you don't need them anymore, and if they're inexplicably obsessed with a total loser like yourself, well...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:08 am

Point taken, but it remains strange that Yui went for somebody with a reputation for being downright shady. Weren't there plenty of much less troubled people out there she could have gone for? Gendo has a nice side, Yui didn't misjudge that, but it's not something she could've seen at first glance. Was there any particular reason Yui went for Gendo?

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: It Just Occurred to Me. . .

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 am

AsukaChan wrote:That Gendo gets a lot of ass.

I mean, I can totally see why.

Who wouldn't wanna hit that?

*drools over pictures of teh Gendo* :3
"you ever had tempura ice cream
SHIT IS KAWAII UGUU AS FUCK, SON
AS FUCK" -damage

Sceleris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Sceleris » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:27 am

BrikHaus wrote:Plus, there had to be at least one late night where he and Fuyutsuki got drunk, and became a little adventurous.

That sounds pretty unlikely.

Oh, wait...

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:13 am

UrsusArctos wrote:Was there any particular reason Yui went for Gendo?

She gave him a second glance when nobody else would, and she liked something in what she saw.

It may seem far-fetched, but I was in pretty much the same position once.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:53 am

This is a little long, but I was on a roll...

UrsusArctos wrote:Point taken, but it remains strange that Yui went for somebody with a reputation for being downright shady.

I always wondered what the deal with Gendo's reputation was and what sorts of things he'd been doing to earn it... (Aside from general social ineptitude, which plenty of people have without becoming gossip material.)

Weren't there plenty of much less troubled people out there she could have gone for?

Well, not as if there's much to substantiate this aside from her ... "special" Evangelion moments (which most are hesitant to REALLY ascribe to her since she's, y'know, such a nice lady and all...), but it's always possible Yui was troubled herself. The daughter of a powerful guy (1) within a crazed secret society that pulls the strings of the world... Her actual influence within Seele itself probably severely limited because she doesn't have sausage, and likely "predestined" to serving little more purpose than to either just wed some Seele asshole and continue the elite bloodline, or let some lucky outsider marry his way in... How much fun could she have possibly had as a Child of Seele? It must have been a bit lonely and isolating, in any event.

One idea I have is that Gendo actually had, from the start, an agenda to infiltrate Seele and prevent them from (at least totally) destroying "humanity as we know it". (2) He approached Yui out of foreknowledge, or at least suspicion, that she didn't particularly approve of her daddy's organization -- seeking out a kindred spirit who could help him out, and it just so happened that she was a hot, young, devastatingly intelligent chicka. Maybe it was a case of one wounded and lonely soul meeting another and finally feeling completed.

Since Seele's plans starting to kick into gear around that time, they had to act fast. Gendo would be capable of achieving rank and power that Yui could not, so she married him on in, he had the fortune of landing a gig on the Katsuragi Expedition, and he got to work ingratiating himself with Kiel, which, amazingly enough, worked.

Makeshift Dialogue wrote:Gendo: "lol scientists suck. That Ikari chick is such a tool. Doesn't take after her dad at all, I hear. BTW, Kiel-sama, you're totally awesome, and I support all of your pseudo-religious bullshit so much I've memorized the Sephirothic Tree and everything. If I ever get a really big office, I'm going to have it painted on the ceiling!"

Kiel: "I like your style, Ikari-kun. It's so hard to find good toadies these days. After Katsuragi and his army of nerds go up in the most glorious fireworks ever seen, I think I'll give you a promotion."

Gendo: "Oh, Kiel-sama, you flatter this humble little finance geek so."

Yeah... something like that.

Gendo and Yui subsequently celebrate his promotion by temporarily ditching the birth control. (Aherm.) And scheming over ways to dig up ol' Fuyutsuki-sensei and convince him to join their humble little band. The more the merrier. (Of course, Gendo ends up being the one who needs to do this, since Kozo is pissed off at Yui's "betrayal", plus Gendo doesn't have any popularity points at risk.)

This is all Blatant Speculation, of course.

As for the Akagi women later on... Given Gendo's psychological profile and pathological obsession with that one special lady, I don't think the phenomenon can really be explained by assuming he is some kind of player and makes a habit out of sleeping around. I've always suspected that the two "infidelities" we know about are the only ones: he kept to himself until Naoko finally made her move, Naoko took the plunge, and then Ritsuko moved in on him. (3)

The reasons he didn't refuse either woman are, in my opinion, more complicated than "he just wanted to get laid". That would defy common wisdom about men, of course, but I don't see why the father of the "gender-deviant" Shinji (who is so often compared to Gendo) should not be "allowed" to do such a thing.

FOOTSIES

The third one contains manga spoilers.

1. Since we never see or hear of her supposedly powerful and influential daddy in the show (if you're one of those people who doesn't believe he exists, I don't want to hear it ::p), I assume "something bad" happened to him prior to Yui's college days, and she was "liberated" somewhat as a result.

2. Despite his antisocial and oftentimes paradoxical, ruthless, and selfish nature (especially after "losing" Yui), Gendo doesn't seem to possess the sorts of misanthropic sentiments characteristic of Seele. His hatreds are intrinsically self-directed rather than outward, and I receive the impression, at least, that he thinks humanity in and of itself is something worth saving.

3. The manga offers the interpretation that Gendo initiated the relationship with Ritsuko, but I agree with Shin-seiki that, in the anime, Ritsuko harbored an attraction from her high school days, and would reasonably take advantage of her mother's demise.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Brik-kun and Reichu are my newest heroes! ^_^

Oh wait...

Personally, I agree that Yui-sama was the only "practice" the G-man really had.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AsukaChan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaChan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:31 pm

LOLZ at Brik. I never even thought of that. XDD

And this got a lot more replies than I thought it would!

On the nameless women, I know that a lot of women like to chase after guys like him because they think they can change him. And I'm pretty sure even Gendo wouldn't turn down the opportunity. XD

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:25 am

As for the Akagi girls; They were both kinda lonely. Wouldn't be surprising at all for them to go after the commander for some "overtime:.
Misato probably would have as well if Kaji or Shinji weren't around.
I'm he got some techies and office toads as well.

Project Ibuki: FIND OUT WHY MAYA IBUKI WON'T SLEEP WITH ME.
Project manager- Gendo Ikari
2nd in command- Prof Fuyutsuki
Overseer- Lorenz Keel
Test subject- Ryoji Kaji
:thumbsup:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”