Ruin Your Virgin Experience of 1.0 Today!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:24 pm

My apologies, oh intolerent one. I have a memory which serves me as well as Monty Python's parrot.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Wevangeliwon » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:27 pm

Hooray for Megaupload links! I downloaded a .rar and it needed a damn password, so that was 150 megs down the drain.

But thanks to Zegzwang, I no longer have to wait for a slow torrent to finish. Hooray!

Anyway, it has to be one of the best quality cams I have seen. Now if only we could have part one of the film, then it would be perfect.

Millions Livio
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Millions Livio » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:20 pm

Slow torrent? I got it at over a meg a second.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:39 pm

Did anyone else notice it says Evangelion Unit 01's blood type is BLUE**'?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

yokuchi
Adam

Postby yokuchi » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:50 pm

Indigo Arcangel wrote:My apologies, oh intolerent one. I have a memory which serves me as well as Monty Python's parrot.

HOMG, "It's a late parrot!" /monty-python-nerd
insert witty and offensive political banter here

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Wevangeliwon » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:18 am

Millions Livio wrote:Slow torrent? I got it at over a meg a second.

Meg a second? Wow, Opera was being slow. Oh well.

Fantastic. Just as good when I saw it in Japan. To see the preview again also raises many questions. I will give a review later.

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby universalperson » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:24 am

NAveryW wrote:Did anyone else notice it says Evangelion Unit 01's blood type is BLUE**'?

The heck?
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:27 am

Loads of spoilers here so if you haven't seen the video then don't read on.

Stuff I noticed:

There is some kind of circuitry around the Evangelions in the test labs, also just before it goes berserk a pattern sweeps across the walls which is identical to the one in the plug start-up sequence. See this image.

During the activation of 00 we see what I assume is the plug depth increasing.

Hard to see here but Rei has blood on her face in this scene like she does in the official manga.

We get a decent shot of the signal terminator plug this time around.

Security cards look different.

Black pyramid with white inverted pyramid acting as a reservoir (fire and water).

I like this shot, a moment of weakness for Misato on the bridge, talking to Hyuga.

The VTOLs are more like jet aircraft and just seem much more deadly and cool as opposed to the "hovering missile platforms" that they were - also notice the red sea in lower right.

When Shinji is getting a heart-massage there is some weird floaty thing in the plug (top left), now this shot was also in the trailers and I thought it looked like veins on the inside of the plug, but here it looks like it's moving.

Rei waits OUTSIDE the medical room that Shinji is in this time, rather than inside the room with Shinji as in the TV series, but she still carries her glasses with her in both scenes.

Now for the fun bit!

Misato takes Shinji down into Terminal Dogma on an elevator, and goes through this weird room that is similar to the Reiquarium after Ritsuko destroyed the bodies in it, but on a much bigger (Eva sized) scale.

The elevator's mechanical floor-counter itself goes all "Lost" on them with the letters LEEE, which we see again on Heaven's Door as SECURITY LEVEL:EEE.

It's easier to see this in motion, but there are helical (like RNA) lock bolts securing the door that unwind.

Lilith's makeover.

More to come later.

Magami no D00M
Lilith

Postby Magami no D00M » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:33 pm

Oh dear Lilith('s makeover)....I did enjoy this cam rip more than I thought I would. I happily await more. Even the EMK similarities...I've made peace with him and his..."different" (bitchy) development.
Failsig:http://myanimelist.net/profile/Maga-me~Catalogue your hobby/obsession/drug.
DA Plug: http://magamish.deviantart.com/
*back from the dead to once again rekindle my Eva ineterst, since I recently purchased the domestic Rebuild 1.0 dvd* >>;

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Ironfoot » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:16 pm

Zugzwang wrote:Image
Lilith's makeover.

Notice her head is in a different position in both shots. That's fucking awesome cause it means she's conscious and watching them!

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:48 pm

It doesn't look like (the head's supposed to be in) a different position to me. The second image is just from a different angle.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:57 pm

I do like hopw they're sticking truer to Sadamoto's art style, compared to the bouncing-around of animation styles that occured occasionally in the episodes, for example, the chracter styles of episode 11 ....(shiver)
Normality is overrated

Lord Glavin
Embryo

Postby Lord Glavin » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:59 pm

man, could not help myself, been watching it over and over again

I really like the darkness of everything though, it makes everything so much more sombre, lonely and mysterious

perfect for EVA

Sandoz
Lilith

Postby Sandoz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:05 pm

I love Lilith's redesign. The little twitching feet are so creepy!

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:16 pm

Yeah, I freaked when I saw that!
Normality is overrated

shinji1414
Embryo

Postby shinji1414 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:04 pm

i donkt like her new mask!! :? where could be part one :roll:
wefwefwef

shinji1414
Embryo

Postby shinji1414 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:12 pm

this video odont come with subtitles likes the another camrips there was in youtube. i dont know Japanese i supose i have to wait for antoher video :(
wefwefwef

JP
Adam

Postby JP » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:42 pm

I flipped through it to see some of the hub-bub. Something caught my eye that I wanted to mention...but alas I forget. :?

Misato twitching her nose was cute. :P (That's not it!!)
The pregnancy is now absolute.

Annihilator
Adam

Postby Annihilator » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:47 pm

Ironfoot wrote:Notice her head is in a different position in both shots. That's fucking awesome cause it means she's conscious and watching them!

o I would shit myself if i were Shinji. going down there and seeing it watch u and stuff.

at least we know shes alive, since her legs were twitching. I could never tell if she was sleeping, dead but was alive with no soul until Rei went into her, or just didn't care to move.

I wounder if in re-build we will see more of what Adam looked like and what happened?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Zugzwang wrote:Image

That black floaty stuff is smoke from the plugsuit. The chest is actually burnt/melted, so it lets loose a stready, coiling stream of vapor into the LCL.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”